1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why give all the facts?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, May 25, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stephanie Miller is elated today the the Dem won the special House election in the NY 26.

She proclaimed that the district which has been solid red for the past 100 years has come of age and realized that only the Dems can properly represent Western NY State.

That might be true except for one minor detail
    The Dem did NOT get the majority vote.
    It was actually a 4 way race. A Tea Party candidate recd about 10% which was the spoiler for the Republicans. Corwin (R) was also on the Conservative and Independence lines. (Green party = 1%)

I am not sure, why the Tea party put up a separate candidate against a conservative Republican. Will see if I can find out.

Wonder what Steph will say in NOV of 12 when the Republicans retake the 26th seat? Will keep you posted.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I can hardly wait . . .:sleep:

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sent an email to a friend of mine who is on the Conservative party Executive Committee. One of their jobs is to interview potential candidates for the endorsement on the Party line ballot for the general election.

Here is the text:
    Paul,

Had a quick question. In the special race for Congress this week - I noticed the "R" candidate also had Conservative and Independence Party endorsement. However, the Tea Party put up a candidate that split the "R" vote.
    What's the story behind the story - any ideal?

bob

and his answer

Hey, Bobby. Nice to hear from you again.

The "Tea" Party candidate was a fraud in my book. I believe he was using the Tea line to split the Republican vote so the Democratic candidate could win. Why, I'm not sure, given that he claimed to have been a former Republican. He should have dropped out when he saw his poll numbers being so low instead of allowing the Democrat, Hochul, to win. By staying in the race with numbers so low, he did damage to both the Tea party in this area, and the furtherance of freedom in our nation. His hijack, worked, too.

We interviewed only Jack Davis in the Tea Party I coordinate here in Orleans County, as he was the only one to show up. Both Hochul, and Corwin, had been invited, and we had 2 dates set aside on which they could have attended. I believe the Monroe, and Erie County Tea's did an interview with more than Jack Davis.

I was interviewed by phone, by Scott Ott, of PJTV, yesterday. He said they may contact me to do an online video interview, but I've no way of doing that with the computer I'm on, nor the laptop I have. Both are infected with Trojans which are taking up space, making them run slow, and one saying the computer memory is full.

I explained to Scott what I thought was happening, and this conjecture that the race here was about Medi(s)care issue brought up by Hochul is BS. Further, Judge Napolitano stated last night that this district is a staunch Republican district, and had been almost forever. This simply isn't true. Prior to Tom Reynolds (6 years served), and Chris Lee (3 years), John LaFalce, a Democrat out of Lockport, was the representative for well over 20 years. Prior to that I'm not sure, and it could well have been closer to 30 years. My first vote, before I knew too much about politics, and LaFalce's (and the Democratic Party) anti-gun, anti-constitution stance, was for him. After that, I was always trying to help the Republican candidate when I could, and when we had one. For many years, LaFalce never had a challenger from the R side.

The only saving grace may be that the current lines as drawn, may no longer be in 2012, as redistricting occurs, and NYS loses 2 congressional districts. That has been the talk over the last couple years, anyway, by NYS politicians in the know. Now that it is a Democrat held district, this may change. Chris Lee really screwed the Republican Party with what he did, and I'm not sure why he was forced out by the Republican leadership, as the loss of his seat is very detrimental to Republican future votes, especially where the budget is concerned. On that score, Chris Lee was probably one of the top people in the congress who knew what was really going on insofar as spending was concerned. He was, also, willing to tell it like it is/was.
    Paul

#3 Salty, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2011