1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Why have I found grace in Thine eyes?"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Dec 5, 2022.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why have I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me, seeing I am a stranger? - Ruth 2:10

And, my soul, it might have been long since supposed, that, after such repeated unceasing acts of grace, as Jesus hath shewn, and even when thou hast caused him "to serve with thy sins, and wearied him with thy transgressions;" yet his compassions have failed not, but have been "new every morning;" it might have been supposed, that long and unceasing grace would at length have produced the blessed effect of living wholly to him, who hath so loved thee, as to give himself for thee. But, alas! the day that marks again his mercy, marks again thy rebellion. So that the heart is constrained every day to cry out, "Why have I found grace in thine eyes?" Precious Jesus! the only answer is, because thou art, thou wilt be Jesus. Lord! I bow down to the dust of the earth, in token of my vileness, and thy unspeakable glory!

- excerpt from Robert Hawker's The Poor Man's Morning and Evening Portions, July 30, Evening