1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why I am against Undeclared Wars...and FOR Ron Paul..

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Havensdad, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Whether or not someone made the "dogs" mad is not the issue right now. That's before my time. The fact is that they are mad, and barking through the fence at people. If they break through that fence, or if they gain the capability to break through that fence, the fact that they are mad is more reason to be wary of them.

With your logic, if someone beats a dog until it's going to bite people, we should simply allow that dog to go around biting people. Where does it end?

If politicians are to blame for beating the dog in the past, there's nothing I can do about that now. I can't let someone else's beaten dog bite my family.

Basically, what I am saying, is that there is a threat now, regardless of actions in the past. Don't blame the people who are trying to neutralize a threat for the mistakes of others in the past who made the threat.

2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Luk 6:27 "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
    Luk 6:28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.
    Luk 6:29 To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either.

Rom_12:20 To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head."

3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Are you saying that God just wants us to roll over and let our enemies totally run us over? I'd hate to live in a country where you were in charge. First time someone attacked us, we'd roll over, play dead, and be taken over within a week.

4. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

NO. But I am definitely saying that it would forbid pre-emption. The idea of attacking someone cause they "might attack us later," or "if we just keep blowing people up over there, maybe they won't come over here.." is certainly not a Biblical stance.

We have not even TRIED to be friends with these people. We have been meddling in their affairs for half a century. We deposed, in Iran, a man who was the leader of a blooming democracy, that was working towards civil rights, pensions for workers, equality, etc., because of British oil interests. We then impose a horrible dictator. Then we go, "Iran hates us cause we are free and prosperous!"

In Afghanistan and Iraq, we were constantly using them, trying to posture ourselves against the Soviets. Thousands die. Then we go, "Darn Terrorist. They just hate freedom!"

Its insane. What we are doing WILL NOT WORK. So instead of continuing to break out the economy, on something that we KNOW won't work, why don't we try something different?

Tell me, your a soldier. How do you feel about the violation to the Constitution? Do you like the fact that the President has been just ordering troops to fight whomever he wishes, without a declaration of war? Don't you think that is too much power for one man, as the founders did?

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say that 1805 is a bit more than half a centruy

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Maybe not for you but it is for the dogs.

Now is your time. What are doing with it?

Right so history be damned. I get it Sapper, I get it. Let's keep repeating the same foolish mistakes over and over things are bound to get better. Trust me.

No logic says if you don't go around beating on dogs it's much less likely that you'll create mean dogs. As it is right now we're beating on dogs in their own back yard! Yeah, we just invade and occupy their back yard and start kicking the snot out of as many as we can.

I'm trying to say this with as much respect as I can okay?

DUH!!! You're the one doing all the kicking now! Don't try and scapegoat someone in the past for your sins today. It's not very "honorable" imho.

See my reply above.

By your logic you're going to "neutralize" the threat by doing the exact same things that created the threat in the first place.

#26 poncho, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  7. marke

marke New Member

Just out of curiosity, do you think the US was right to enter into war against Hitler in Europe duting WW2? And what do you think we should do to help mininize threats of attack against Israel by almost all Arab nations today? Should we go to war to defend Israel if she gets attacked, and would it not make sense to maintain our presence in the region right now to try to keep the pot from boiling over and creating WW3?

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Okay one by one here we go . . .

No the US was wrong to let the Wall Street Bankers and London's financiers finance Hitler's rise to power. If it weren't for the financiers greed for gain and lust for power Hitler would have never made it past the rank of corporal.

So there would have been no need for America to enter a war that wouldn't have happened.

Abolish foreign aid to all nations except for those who fit the strict and narrow constitutional requirements needed to legally receive foreign aid from the United States of America.

In other words let Isreal and the Arab nations buy their own weapons to kill each other with their own money then maybe they'll think twice about attacking each other. In case you didn't know we give out foreign aid to Arab states as well as Isreal.

Funny thing though where ever we go we turn the heat up under the pot. Where ever we go civil war ignites, war crimes take place along with atrosities and even genocide. My proof? The daily news and history. Been like that (internationally) since 1898.

There is no Arab or Persian nation willing to commit national suicide to attack Isreal outright because unlike we whoafully mis and under informed westerners the Arabs and Persians understand that Isreal hasn't enough empathy for her neighbors to spare them a nuclear holocaust as retaliation.

#28 poncho, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity you got any more questions you'd like answered marke?

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Bumperdoodle . . .