1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Why I'm Not Watching March Madness"

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Salty, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

So, it boils down to the coach's fault what neighborhood and finacial situation a player comes from?
    Notice that the article pretends to put up several fronts, but in the end, its 'why is he getting money and not me?'
    It's amazing how this somehow ties into race...

IMO,
    R1

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Wow, I think that he makes a valid point. :type: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

He does make good points - compare the graduation rates of the BBall players from some some of these teams - they are in the 15-25% range. A vast majority of these kids will never be paid a dime from professioal sports.

I think the NCAA should mandate that a kid can not lose a scholarship except in the case of commiting a felony. He could be cut from the team, but the full ride stays there.

these schools also need to up thier graduation rates - exclusive of the players that leave early to go to the NBA (very small overall percentage, but it does happen to the major schools) Texas graduates in the neighborhood of 25% of their players, they should lose scholarships if the graduation rate of their players is not within 10% of the overall graduation rate of the entire university.

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I haven't kept up on it, but if it is like it was when I went, the scholarship is only for one year at a time in sports, it wasn't for 4 years.