1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why is homosexuality sin?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by GODzThunder, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Comrade

Comrade New Member

Again I repeat myself. Homosexuality is an obmination God hates it but not the Homosexual. there is always a reason why God says not to do somthing Instead of worrying abou whether or not it is a sin or not, Be like the Bereans and Search the Scriptures.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes, you're correct.

There are several abominations listed in scripture. We often get hung up on the "man laying with a man" topic, but we need to keep in mind that we're to refrain from all abominations. Alas, probably all of us here, myself included, have been guilty of at least one or two from time to time, from we need to turn.

3. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Deut 25:16:

..."and all those that do unrighteously are an abomination unto the Lord God."

Homosexuality is an abomination - but no more than any other sin.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, it's the old 'God hates the sin but not the sinner' thing ?

I'm sure you will be able to argue somehow that God doesn't really mean what He says in this verse, I take it.

It'll be very interesting.

5. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

One thing that needs to be considered is that not only is all sex and lust outside of the marriage between a man and woman sin, but the sin of homosexuality is actually worse that sexual sin that is hetero in nature. The reason being that homosexuality is a judgment upon those who refuse God's order.

When you read Romans 1, you will read that homo behavior is a result of God actively judging people.

Hetero sex is natural and a gift from God. It is sin when it is taken outside of marriage. Homo sex is ALWAYS wrong.

Now, I am just waiting for Johnv to spin this truth with some feminized ideas about Romans 1.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Haven't we beaten this to death already? This verse doesn't say God withholds his love from the wicked. If that were so, we'd all be out of reach of God's love. This verse says God is angry with the wicked. That ain't the same thing as God "doesn't love" the wicked.

We tend to think of "hate" as the withholding of love, aka, the opposite of love. But this is strictly a western English concept. The OT and NT words that are translated "hate" are not comparative to the OT and NT words we translate "love".

7. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haven't we beaten this to death already? This verse doesn't say God withholds his love from the wicked. If that were so, we'd all be out of reach of God's love. This verse says God is angry with the wicked. That ain't the same thing as God "doesn't love" the wicked.

We tend to think of "hate" as the withholding of love, aka, the opposite of love. But this is strictly a western English concept. The OT and NT words that are translated "hate" are not comparative to the OT and NT words we translate "love".
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, like I said, it's going to be interesting.

8. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

No, He didn't.

No, He didn't.

What He said was:

Matt 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

or

Matt 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

It's the difference between thinking that is something I would like and thinking that is something I will do.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

God's wrath is on unbelievers -- all unbelievers, homosexual and otherwise. However, "for God so loved the whole world that he sent his own son that whosoever believes on him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

I think Romans 1 is showing how man's sin leads him further and further from God, and I do believe that prevalent homosexuality or widely accepted homosexuality in a culture is a sign that the society is going further from God. However, we need to also have Christ's love for the lost and, while being clear that homosexuality is a sin, we need to be salt and light in a lost and dark world.

Note, "And such were some of you."

For comparison sake:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Corrections:

My quote from Jn 3.16 should say "only begotten Son," not "own Son."

And the 2nd quote from 1 Cor 6 is from the NASB.

I guess I need to [​IMG] soon.

11. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Marcia:

You said:

But we're talking practicing homosexuals here, probably even homosexual/pedophiles.

I wouldn't trust anyone coming any of my children, or nieces, or nephews, or grandchildren or those of my friends who is a practicing homosexual.

Would anyone of us here leave them alone with our kids in our household ? Yet love demands that we have no pretenses, think no evil.

Like I said in another thread, homosexuals and lesbians are welcome to come in and attend church with us anytime, we'll treat them just like we treat everybody else, member or not, but, that's as far as it goes, even if they profess conversion they will have to understand that immediate membership is not an option.

Why ?

Because homosexuality is a much different sin than murder, or homicide, or rape, or theft, or robbery, or idolatry. Homosexuality is a spirit world problem, it is from the devil himself.

God calls it confusion, and while Sodom may have its share of murderers and adulterers and robbers in its day, the Bible records that it was for the sin of sodomy that it was noted in its day.

12. Blazin4Christ

Blazin4Christ New Member

the reason why homosexuality is wrong is because, God created men and woman different sexes and passion for different sexes for 3 reasons,

#1, Pro-creation(children)

#2, a pleasure (yes, a pleasure)

#3, to make a strong bond between husband and wife

but people try to justiofy homosexuality by these things

#1 People are naturally born with this desire of homosexuality - this is wrong, no one is born wqith it, they adapt to it, because we are allcreated with Passion for the other

#2 It is mental illness - It is NOT a mental illness, it is personal choice

#3 It is love with a twist thats all - this isn't love, love is the bond of husband and wife, not wife and wife and husband and husband

13. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

blazin if homosexuality is not a love then what is it then? This is the question I am trying to answer. What exactly is it if not love. What is the base emotion?

14. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rebellion.

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I generally don't respond posters like yourself who display unchristian behavior.

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Actually, most pedophiles are middle-aged heterosexual white males. Pedophilia in the homosexual community is rare.
    I'm not a defender of homosexual behavior (or of any sexual behavior outside of marriage), but Sodom was not destroyed because of homosxual fornication. Read the story for yourself from beginning to end.

17. Comrade

Comrade New Member

God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day. (Psalm 7:11).

God still doesn't withhold his grace and mercy to anyone. For WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord SHALL be saved (Romans 10:13) Emphasis added

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

But we're talking practicing homosexuals here, probably even homosexual/pedophiles.

I wouldn't trust anyone coming any of my children, or nieces, or nephews, or grandchildren or those of my friends who is a practicing homosexual.

Would anyone of us here leave them alone with our kids in our household ? Yet love demands that we have no pretenses, think no evil.

Like I said in another thread, homosexuals and lesbians are welcome to come in and attend church with us anytime, we'll treat them just like we treat everybody else, member or not, but, that's as far as it goes, even if they profess conversion they will have to understand that immediate membership is not an option.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Do you think I'm defending homosexuality? Please re-read my post. I don't get why you are saying all this to me.

You think homosexuality is from the devil but murder and rape aren't? Where is Biblical support for this view?

19. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

In God's eyes white lies are tickets to hell just as much as murder. Sin is sin is sin.

It is man who justifies and reasons the levels of sin.

20. Brett

Brett New Member

Rebellion. </font>[/QUOTE]But one could say that about any behavior that is arbitrarily ruled unacceptable. Let's say I tell my kids not to give to charity, and then a question similar to the one in this thread is posed: what makes them giving to charity wrong? After all, isn't it love and charity causing them to give? Your answer would be, as it was there, rebellion. My question to you is, do you really believe that people engage in homosexual behavior because they desire to be in rebellion to God. The obvious and common-sense answer is no.