1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is Rick Santorum Obsessed with Sex?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FR7 Baptist, Mar 7, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Santorum talks a lot about the breakdown of the family and he links it to poverty. He often says the best way to stay out of poverty is to graduate from high school, get a job, wait until you are married to have children. Three simple, minimal things you can do. The number one piece of advice out of those three that people are ignoring is waiting until they are married to have kids.

He's not talking about sex, per se, but he is implying that premarital sex can lead to economic and emotional disasters. I'd say the number one problem facing the rearing of children in the U.S.A. is fatherless families, or if you prefer, single mother households. And how do single mother households typically occur? Premarital sex resulting in pregnancy.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

In a group of high quality candidates, I probably would not be for Santorum. However, when you have Romney, which we have well defined, Gingrich, who likes to cheat on former wives when they are dying of cancer, and Ron Paul, who is a decent man but unelectable, what do you expect a conservative Christian to do under those circumstances? Here we have a situation where the present President is 90% likely to be running against a man totally devoid of morality, honesty, or leadership. I would say the present President has a 70% chance of beating Romney, not that is makes much difference. We should be praying for the Lord to bring us a leader between now and August who can at least start to turn this nation around to some form of decency, and restore the pride we used to have in work, raising our families, and taking care of those in need at the church or local level. I can remember the Nixon-Kennedy race, and how people thought one or the other was terrible. I would take either/or now over these clowns. I would take, with all their sins, a Truman, Eisenhower, Ford, Roosevelt (either), or especially a Reagan.

3. Squidward

Squidward Member

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

whatever that means

5. Squidward

Squidward Member

LOL I made a comment, decided to retract it. Nothing controversial, it just wouldn't add anything relevant to the discussion upon rereading it.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have to ask because I have no idea what half the abbreviations and symbols mean on chat boards. I am sure there is a directory somehere on line.

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The morality or lack thereof taht a politician raves against is often the one that gives them the most trouble in their own life.

I remember my Dad saying long years ago, "The sin a preacher preaches the most about and against is the one they have the most trouble with in their own life."

8. targus

targus New Member

Slander by innuendo.

Crabby has no basis to make such a claim against Santorum but he wants to do it anyway.

Shame on you.

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, for a guy that most often raves against Rush Limbaugh it is ironic (or perhaps expected?) that he resorts to innuendo, Rush's favorite arguing technique.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Who's Rick Santorum?