1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is the devil on any leash at all?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Emily25069, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

I'll be sure to look for your PROTEST about personal insults when your ILK begin one of your rants...oh wait, I forgot, you look the other way when it is your own.

The fact is though, nothing insulting was said, you just took it that way. Save the drama and the verbal hysteria and people won't be apt to recognize such juvenile and self-injurious traits when entering into serious debate that require theological maturity and focus.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some Unsolicited Advice But ...

Rippon here : Q , knock it off . Your supercilious attitude is very lame . Amy is a level-headed person , well-liked here and you don't even recognize that . Things could go so much better for you on the BB if you'd just try to take it down a couple of notches in several departments .

3. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

A most elementary doctrine escapes you. Why is this?

Demons aren't GIVEN the promise of the GOSPEL. The promise "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" is for HUMANS ONLY.

Are you really so ignorant of SOTERIOLOGY that you think DEMONS can be saved through Jesus Christ?

My goodness man, that is milk doctrine you are spitting up on yourself.

The truth is you are without refutation and cannot from any exegetical or hermeneutical position, provide an argument.

But fella, you need a refresher Soteriology 101 class before making really fundamental errors like " SATAN is appealing His Sentence."

(For those who do not know..... this is a cut and paste of Quack's response to me in another thread..... it is meant as a joke.)

#23 reformedbeliever, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  4. Alex Quackenbush

Q here Rippon. Knock off your self-aggrandizing "Drama Queen" act and save it for your home life where someone might pay a little more attention to your performance.

Now, back to the topic at hand.

5. TomMann

TomMann New Member

I firmly believe that the gospel message is not difficult to understand. It does not take advanced doctrinal studies to comprehend.... to one that is born of the spirit that is, i.e........ "my sheep hear my voice".

Advanced doctrinal studies and thought are most frequently used by the carnal to complicate and distort what the spirit makes known freely.

6. Alex Quackenbush

Maybe reading isn't one of your strong suits so I understand...the thread isn't a debate or discussion about "The Gospel", it is another doctrinal topic. Ding Dong...wakey wakey.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen TM . Preach it brother !

8. TomMann

TomMann New Member

Let me put it this way...... If there is a doctrine that requires advanced doctrinal studies and thought to comprehend..... It ain't biblical!!!!!

I gave a look at "The Doctrine of the Angelic Conflict", and would be hard pressed to give an honest critique without violating board rules for decent language!

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm glad to see somebody agrees with me on that.

10. Emily25069

Emily25069 New Member

Okay

Anybody else but Quackenbush got any theories or ideas, or I was I correct in my assumption that this is something I will accept without understanding it?

11. Alex Quackenbush

I am not surprised you are limited to language not decent enough for the board to attempt to provide your imagined review.

Possibly your frustration is reflected in Peter's words:

Frankly I have yet to see you exegete even the most elementary verb, never mind tackle complex doctrines, advanced doctrines or demonstrate the capacity to form doctrinal conclusions. So in light of that I guess I will be left only to be entertained by your dramatic protests.

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan has been allowed by God certain power and authority. That's it. God is sovereign and in total control since eternity past.

Satan's fate is sure (no, the "appealing his sentence" is a load of manure).

So God allows Satan's present actions for His sovereign pleasure. Tempting, leading man into evil, destroying and deceiving. Showing the depth of sin and depravity, as is Satan's nature.

13. TomMann

TomMann New Member

First, I am not limited to that type of language. I do however think that the exact way I stated it in my previous post very well defines how I view the idea of a doctrine of angelic conflict.

Secondly, you are absolutely correct..... And I hope you never find me resorting to exegeting and especially not hermeneuting....... the beauty of the bible is that neither is necessary if you accept at face value what scripture says. If you have to stretch scripture a little to cover something hazy..... that is where exegeting and hermemeuting come in real handy..... I feel if I tried doing that I run the risk of leaning on my own understanding.... and I am advised in scripture that that is not such a great idea.....

I'm unsure of what a complex doctrine is? much less an advanced doctrine? Shoot at me one doctrine that you think is complex or advanced and I'll see what I find complex or advanced about it........

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey,Tom, start with propitiation. Alex doesn't have a clue, so it MUST be an advanced doctrine. :thumbs:

15. reformedbeliever

uh oh............. now you've had it. He is going to use his rather large vocabulary on you.

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah , doncha' love those sesquipedalian utterances of his replete with misspelled words , horrid grammar and a nasty dose of superiority ?

17. Emily25069

Emily25069 New Member

Thank you Dr. Bob.

I thought that to probably be true all along.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yeah, that.

I did me some exit-geetin and her-meticals!

19. reformedbeliever

herman who?.........................

20. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try Herman Bavinck (1854-1921 ) ; or Herman Hoeksema (1886-1965 ) on for size .