1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is the King James Version not the Perfect Word of God?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by AV1611Preacher, Mar 27, 2005.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see your point, CMG, to "know the enemy". And to know the enemy, one must know his weapons, which include misuse of the KJV or of the Bible in general.

I have a NWT for the purpose of pointing out things to the JWs. You'd be surprised to know how FEW JWs know the history of the NWT, and how skeptical they appear when shown that history. I also have two copies of the Book of Mormon, a repro of the original, and a current one, given to me free by one of their missionaries who was hoping to "convert" me. (Believe me, you'd better rely upon the HOLY SPIRIT to guide your words while trying to evangelize members of either of those cults!! Their shells are quite hard!)

2. Slambo

Slambo New Member

Have you shown them the same Arian verse of John 1:18 found in the NASB??

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 1:18 in the NASB is not Arian, it is Gnostic. [​IMG]

4. Slambo

Slambo New Member

Sorry,been a long day [​IMG]

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I have...along with some of the Anglican and RCC verses in the KJV.

6. Bryony

Bryony New Member

I am a Rebekah Home for Girls Survivor, and since Roloff influenced my life in a very LARGE way, I consider myself able to add my few cents in. I am 41, and have been married 22 years to the one and same and only same man. Raised two great kids, and one is off for college.

My two cents to this is :

Where is it Taught in the Word of God, KJV or any translation, to promote big huge revivals? is it not more taught to grow faithfully through hard times and trust in God? To be humble and contrite in heart, that is true revival. God seeks to revive the heart of those who are low to the ground. the Bible promotes and teaches us to press on in growing in Grace, in striving to learn about God and his truths, to knowing our Savior and God.

The idea of "Revivalism" began in the 1800's when Charles Finney began to manipulate peoples emotions, and feelings, to get them to altar calls, to create emotional scenes. Is this what you consider a "revival"? cause if it is, this stuff never changed me one iota. To me the entire point of the term "revival" is to be revived in the heart. To be changed in ones beliefs and given a new fresh revelation of Christ as Lord and Savior.

"Revivalism" can be something that does not convert hearts, only Gods Mercy and Grace to us personally can convert us, only Holy Spirit can make us holy.

The most important thing that changed my life is the truth of Gods Word, not in the letter of the Law but in the Spirit of God, God breathed into me his very Life thru his Divine Revelation of himself to me from his Created Word, and his Written Word.

You will know a tree by its fruit, is there PEACE? is there Love? is there Patience? is there Endurance? is there Self Control? is there compassion? is there the Miraculous Wonder of Mercy and Grace? do you see real heart Joy in peoples eys? or is the atmosphere one of judgementality for others who do not live up to someone elses standard, where peoples eyes are not filled with openness, but hiddenness.

The fruit of the Holy Spirit comes from the Holy Spirit, and God speaks to us from his Creation, and His Written Word, in the "Spirit" of the Word, not the "letter" of the word. Roloff, in my own personal experience stole this all from me.

The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, knowledge is to be valued and in my personal experience in Fundamentist Roloffs world, knowledge was extinguished. And he promoted only KJV, and to me i am wondering what he was so scared of? Fear binds people to a regime and a life of meaningless ritual. Liberty in Christ alone brings freedom from man made rules that have nothing to do with recreating us back into the Image of our Maker.

Know the fruit....and you will Know the tree and the root.

Gods Peace--
    Roloff Rebekah Survivor to Overcomer through the Awesome Grace and Saving mercy of Jesus Christ the Anointed One the Messiah , God in Flesh is Jesus Our Lord. His Blood he shed on Calvarly his life he laid down for us all, his Grace is not frozen, his word is NOT BOUND. But free, and the Holy Spirit is our Teacher who leads us into the whole truth.

Bryony.

7. Askjo

Askjo New Member

John 1:18 in the NASB is not Arian, it is Gnostic. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Correct -- I agree. [​IMG]

8. Benaiah

Benaiah New Member

Brother Roloff wasn't scared of anything. He was trying to guide you in the truth of God's preserved word--The King James Version

Psalm 12:6,7

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Benaiah...he was guiding people INCORRECTLY far as the KJVO myth is concerned.

AND... Some ofBro. Roloff's camp "counselors" were convicted of FELONY CHILD ABUSE in Texas, during his lifetime as well as after his death. I have studied the cases with a cop's eye and know they weren't concocted. In fact, Roloff himself was an icon to Texas officialdom, even after the chile abuse was first exposed.

ANYONE guiding ANYONE ELSE into the KJVO myth is guiding them WRONG.

Benaiah, you've been away for awhile. By making such a silly statement as you made above, I see you haven't taken the time to study the KJVO myth for yourself to see exactly how phony and wrong it is.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread is far past page five and has been diverted from its topic to dance and Lester Roloff.

Time to tuck it safely in bed.