1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is this so hard to understand?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TBLADY, May 30, 2007.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

We're veering away from the OP, but if anyone wants to start thread on when the church was founded, help yourself, and I'll join.

There are also several older threads on this subject than can be resurrected.

2. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

I pray that someday the BB will be without "GOTCHA!" questions.

We all read the same Word. His Word is Truth. Therefore........

......... what does "opinion" have to do with it?
    ......... what does "viewpoint" have to do with it?
    ......... what does "Q&A" have to do with it?

How is it possible to debate the Word of God? When will we understand that intellectual pursuits are fruitless?

Actually, I'm praying for that day when debate ends and Holy Spirit-inspired spiritual agreement begins.

I guess that will happen when we hear the trumpet.

3. TBLADY

TBLADY New Member

I understand what you are saying, that God's word and the Holy Spirit in us should be enough for the revealing of truth. I too get frustrated when sound doctrine is questioned, but on the other hand think a honest,good question like the above,helps us dig deeper into God's word and study harder.

I appreciated the question just for that alone and it made me really think about what he said and after i thought about it and looked up scripture, Iwas even more convinced than ever was before of what I had originally said.

It isn't mine or your job to convince people of truth, it is God's.

Now argueing based on opinions and experence alone without scripture, is just down right ignorant...although questions regarding honest soul searching and being confused, should be welcomed and handled in a delicate manner, without putdowns and anger.

#23 TBLADY, Jun 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007