1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Jesus Said "I never knew ye" to Professing Believers?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Hark, Feb 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shirley J

Shirley J New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    you have to remember all people are not believers and say they are, we all have an accountability of our own; no one else makes our choices, we have no one to blame but ourselves when we do wrong, the Holy Spirit I feel in my conscious all the time, I don't feel right, not saying I always make the right choices, but I keep trying, no one is perfect here but in Heaven we will be, thats so wonderful to me. When someone comes to prayer for salvation and is sincere, they will know it, there is no feeling, great lights, stars, etc. it is a quit peace in your soul. You know Jesus has wrapped His arms around you, you are safe in them, but within a week or two, you will be tried over and over, by satan, he will be after you to quit, and I think they forget to tell new Christians, to beware of satans war against you. They need to keep in prayer and constituently keep their eyes on Jesus, and try to not converse about their salvation to non believers, they will try to discourage you, this is what I feel, some by experience some not, but everyone has their own ways,,,

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was more than "letting you." God chose you and gave you the inheritance he had established for you. God was not passively watching and deciding which doors he would unlock for you when you chose to turn the knob. God was actively moving you to your point of belief. He has good works ordained for you to do as his child (Ephesians 2:10). He is very much guiding and directing you as a Father who lovingly disciplines you (Hebrews 12). Rejoice in God's active work in your life.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just like the first man ever born, Cain, who was of the evil one, who no doubt had great confidence in his offering to Jehovah.

Nothing new or hard to explain here.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bingo!

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Shirley, for some reason you have misunderstood what I said. Everyone living at the time of the rapture, if they have been saved, born anew, placed into Christ, will be raptured. 100%
    I did not say believers do not need to make a commitment to repent, but I do say, as the thief on the cross, no follow-up actions on that commitment are needed. However, if God does not credit that commitment, and He knows our hearts, then that professing faith and commitment does not result in salvation.
    Yes, we are to test ourselves at communion to see if we are "of the faith."

Whether we can agree on biblical doctrine is unknown (at least by me) but welcome to our discussion board, and may God bless you with enlightenment.

6. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to BB, Shirley J. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

peace to you

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those whom Jesus was speaking about were lost sinners, NEVER had been saved by Him!

8. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. ~ KJV

Granted the burden is on the Lord to bring opportunities & cause the increase, but the church is supposed to disciple one another.

Sometimes excommunication is required when wayward brothers or sisters are refusing to repent for whatever the reason. A brother that had his father's wife per 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 was excommunicated but he did repent & Paul was notified and had discussed him being received again upon his repentance in his second epistle to the Corinthians as agreeing with them..

[/QUOTE]Their spiritual welfare as children is not and never was dependent upon anything outside of their loving Father and His care for them.
    In other words, God uses His teachers and preachers to disciple them, so they will invariably be properly discipled no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes He intervenes directly as I have been blessed to receive.

If referring to the parable of the sower, they had received the seed but were not fruitful as His disciples. It is the birds that took the seed away are the unbelievers as in the unsaved for they did not receive the seed as in Christ Jesus..

Believers are warned not to sow to the works of the flesh, because they can & will reap corruption, and be overthrown whereby they will be in a worst state as sinners before they were saved, but that does not mean they lost their salvation, but their first inheritance. That means they will not be raptured unless they repent with His help before the Bridegroom or death comes.

It is true that we are the works of His hands & not ours, however, His warnings are given to saved believers to not only be ready as His disciples ( Luke 12:40-49 ) but being willing to go ( Luke 21:34-36 ).

Then explain the cutting off unless they were part of the vine in the first place as noted in verse 6 of. John 15:1-8

All I can do is hope in the Lord for you. Only He can intervene for you as He has done for me but I was unable to receive His reproofs later on in life only until 1997 only because I could not conceive the notion that the church had led me astray & not just the world & the infirmity in the flesh that nobody warned me about when I hit puberty. Out of all of that mess, He pulled me out of & I still have to rely on Him all the time in being My Friend in keeping me as His friend as my confidence & hope is in Him to do it. John 6:28-29

9. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes I have found that I need His help to wake up & discern what I am watching on TV as something I should not continue to watch. Evil communications corrupts good manners and so I need His help to be choosy on what I entertain myself with.

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the OP is now banned for 6 months this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.