1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why John the Baptist lost his head

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Jun 23, 2018.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife. For John said unto him, It is not lawful for thee to have her. - Matthew 14:3-4

And he sent, and beheaded John in the prison.- Matthew 14:10

John the Baptist lost his head for calling out the sin of adultery.

2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good. - Ezekiel 16:49-50

The sins of Sodom...

1. Pride
    2. Gluttony - Fullness of bread
    3. Laziness
    4. Greed - No thoughts for anything but the current pleasures

In other words, they did not find anything better to do! I really see these ways creeping into society.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Creeping in?

They are already here. We need to be careful though and pray lest we are taken away in chastisement.

4. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Our neighbor lady prayed for her husband to get saved. While her husband was lost she and her children attended church faithfully. Her husband ends up getting saved... And she leaves him! Her daughter also married a good Christian man and following the example of her mother she left her Christian husband as well. Not only did not the pastor speak out against this evil but he re-marries both women to other men!

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
    4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
    5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
    6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
    7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
    8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
    9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. - Matthew 19

In this day and time men and women's hearts are growing hardened against one another. The thing to do is not to divorce and remarry, but to look inside the heart for a solution.

#4 rockytopva, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018