1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why many religious people will go to hell

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by massdak, Aug 24, 2004.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

no one is being mean here, being straight forward and telling the truth is hard to swallow for some on the recieving end. but what i have noticed is that many still are dancing around the abomination of the horrid lifestyle of homosexuality. those who are Christian and struggle with sin is one thing but i do not believe a struggling sinner would attach a sinful name to their Christianity as such a sin like homosexuality, it is a shameful sin.

2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

[ September 06, 2004, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

2. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Guys,

The fact is we're all sinners. If we encounter one who has fallen in sin we need to show him/her Christ's kindness. Yes homosexuality is a sin and the act an abomination before God - but so is fornication, lying, drunkenness etc. We should not encourage the sin but we still need to show the person love. God WILL judge, that much is certain.

I'm afraid lots of us here don't have a good idea about what sharing the gospel means. You may pass out 1000 tracts a day, preach damnation at the top of your lungs on the streets, and tell 5 sinners that they are on the way to hell if they don't straighten up. But have you really given the gospel? You may pat yourself on the back but you've done NO good in furthering Christ's cause if you have not love.

Do you really WANT SimplyBee and others with his problems to get to heaven or do you just like to hear yourselves preach?

3. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Gene, you are the one who equated the terms (snipped). I would never call a black person a (snipped). It never crosses my mind.

So, since I don't disapprove of the term (snipped), you assume I also endorse (snipped). Nice. How about getting a clue and stop projecting idiocy on others.

Homo is a shortened term for homosexuals. Helllllloooooooo.

[ September 05, 2004, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

SimplyBee, please note that this is a BAPTIST ONLY FORUM and you are not a Baptist so please post only in those areas for Other Religions.

Thank you,
    Diane
    Board Administrator

5. GeneMBridges

GeneMBridges New Member

No sir, that word is a derogatory word for homosexuals masquerading as shorthand. It is a word that is used by hate groups and others to speak of homosexuals in a negative manner. It is a word with a long history behind it, including violence toward homosexuals. You may think of it as a shortened term for homosexuals, but, alas, that's precisely my point... you think of it that way, but those here that struggle with the sin of homosexuality in their own lives, including "repentant" homosexuals and those nonbelievers who lurk on this board do so as well. It is a word that they have had to endure along with many others. To use it is is to place a stumbling block between them and the gospel and reinforce the notion that they have, real or perceived, that the people of God are cold, uncaring, bigoted, and not a group they wish to be a part of. We are called to be different than unbelievers, and that includes the stewardship of our language. That should speak directly to the continued use of term.

The h word, for the record, is, to a homosexual person, the equivalent of using the word "boy" to a black man or the term "broad" for a woman. It does not carry the perjorative weight of the n word, or the f word (in the case of homosexuals), but it is highly offensive given its history. Apparently, agrees Diane, as I noticed she snipped the term alongside the n-word several times. FOr that I thank her.

6. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

No sir, that word is a derogatory word for homosexuals masquerading as shorthand. It is a word that is used by hate groups and others to speak of homosexuals in a negative manner. It is a word with a long history behind it, including violence toward homosexuals. You may think of it as a shortened term for homosexuals, but, alas, that's precisely my point... you think of it that way, but those here that struggle with the sin of homosexuality in their own lives, including "repentant" homosexuals and those nonbelievers who lurk on this board do so as well. It is a word that they have had to endure along with many others. To use it is is to place a stumbling block between them and the gospel and reinforce the notion that they have, real or perceived, that the people of God are cold, uncaring, bigoted, and not a group they wish to be a part of. We are called to be different than unbelievers, and that includes the stewardship of our language. That should speak directly to the continued use of term.

The h word, for the record, is, to a homosexual person, the equivalent of using the word "boy" to a black man or the term "broad" for a woman. It does not carry the perjorative weight of the n word, or the f word (in the case of homosexuals), but it is highly offensive given its history. Apparently, agrees Diane, as I noticed she snipped the term alongside the n-word several times. FOr that I thank her.
    </font>[/QUOTE]please do not add this type of sinful lifestyle to the black person or women as a legitimate standing to be in due of the same respect. a pedophile or adulteress or any other sinful compulsion should not be linked as a non accountable situation

7. Brett

Brett New Member

So is "snipped" an acceptable word for a Christian to call a prostitute, massdak? What about "snipped"?

If not, then neither should we call homosexuals h.....

[ September 06, 2004, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Boys, Boys, Boys.... This thread is about why religious people will go to hell and I think many of us have done plenty to convince the world that 'religious' people are no different than they.

PLEASE remember that a search on the internet for 'n' words or 'h...s' can and will bring up such a thread for the unsaved, the KKK member, the hatemonger to see.

Why oh why do these people need Jesus if they're just like us?

It saddened me to no end to have to spend so much time this past Sunday removing such ugly words from a CHRISTIAN board!

Diane

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It saddens me, Diane, that you are forced to witness such language and evident callous disregard for one another in my absence.

This will not be tolerated. I am closing this thread and have the authority to suspend or ban any who cannot control their tongue (or fingers).