1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Most Church Discipleship Plans Fail

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Sep 27, 2011.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There were a few questions that emerged in online conversation because of this article:

1. How am I defining disciple/discipleship?
    2. Am I separating mission from discipleship? Aren’t they part and parcel the same thing?
    3. Why am I making this complicated? Can’t we just do what Jesus says and stop talking about this stuff?
    4. What should we do about it?
    The rest of the story is at http://www.churchleaders.com/pastor...er&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Update

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The first and foremost reason is that most who claim to become saved do not get saved. Second I would discipleship fails because of trying to disciple with the teachings of men instead of the teachings of the bible. It just is not popular today to teach to live a Christ like life (a holy life). We love grace but we shun self denial and living above sin. We have a form of godliness but deny the power there of. 2Tim 3:2.