1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why no commitment?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Winman, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thus we see the difference in language. "Vulgar" in 1611 means something quite different than it does in 2010, doesn't it??

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

None of those verses mention the KJV or any other translation. You still have no proof for committing to ONE VERSION and one version only. As a matter of fact, with the possible exception of Romans 3, none of those verses are referring specifically to the Bible.

#162 Mexdeaf, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
  3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Terp!

"Passover" insteada "Easter" in Acts 12:4.

"The love of money is A root of ALL SORTS of evil" in 1 Tim. 6:10.

"Through our Lord Jesus Christ" in Jude 25 for starters...

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is the reason why the KJV 1611 is no longer an accurate translation by the meanings those same words have today when compared to then.

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Winman: Let me explain how I came to be KJB only. I wasn't influenced by anyone but the scriptures themselves. When I was young and first saved, I was struck by Matthew 4:4

Matt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

And those words do NOT include the phrase "Thou shalt be KJVO".

When I saw that word "every" it really stuck with me, and I thought on this verse for days. If God is good and true, and he expects us to live by "every" word he speaks, then it only seemed reasonable to me for God to provide every word.

Who here sez He HASN'T?

He mighta said to Matthew, "Saul has a slow gray donkey." He mighta said to Luke, "Saul has a gray slow donkey." He mighta said to Mark, "Saul's donkey is slow & gray." He mighta said to John, "Saul's donkey is gray & slow." He mighta said to another, "Do you know Saul, who lives in that stone house? He has a donkey that's so slow it takes an hour to cross the street. That donkey is as gray as any mouse I've ever seen."

Differing setsa words; same MESSAGE. Who sez GOD can't communicate with man ANY WAY HE CHOOSES? Who are YOU to pick-n-choose what's God's word & what isn't?

At that time I had a KJB and an RSV and it was very easy for me to see they were very different. I knew they both could not be correct. So I prayed and did some study. I got many good books on Bible versions. When I was done, I was convinced the KJB was the pure Word in English.

Well, it's apparent ya didn't study too well nor too deeply. At least ya admit the REAL SOURCE of your KJVO junk...OTHER MEN! You believed the hooey in those boox ya got insteada checking out its VERACITY for yourself.

Now, that does not prove I am correct, although I sincerely believe myself to be so.

Newp! It only proves you've been DECEIVED.

And I have always asked, if the KJB is not the pure Word of God in English, then which version is?

For the zillionth time, we Freedom Readers have always answered, "EVERY VALID VERSION! " You simply CANNOT prove any differently!

And that is it, you won't find anybody who stands up for a single MV. I have never found one person who says the NIV is the one and only pure Word of God in English, or the ESV, or NASB or any other MV.

Again, that's cuz we Freedom Readers KNOW BETTER!

All MVs try to insist that all versions are the pure Word of God which is impossible. I am amazed that a person can fool themselves into believeing this obvious false argument. It is impossible.

Actually, we Freedom Readers are amazed that you believe something as obviously-FALSE as the MAN-MADE KJVO doctrine.

Can ya PROVE it's impossible for more than one translation to be God's word? Betcha CAN'T! "With GOD, all things are possible."

How a person can convince themselves that two versions that are different in thousands of words, dozens of verses and complete passages are both the pure and uncorrupted Word of God is beyond me.

Same way 1900 years of mankind has been convinced that the four very-different "Gospels", differing greatly in their narrations of the same events, are all Scripture.

I cannot allow myself to believe a false argument like this.

Why not? You believe the obviously-false KJVO argument.

It appears to me that your whole "committment" thingie is nothing more than a "doggie-door" attempt to promote KJVO. Sorry, Captain; it remains as FALSE as it was before ya started. Most of us here know the FACTS about KJVO, that it's simply FALSE, that it's entirely MAN-MADE, NOT SUPPORTED by the first quark of SCRIPTURE, with its current edition derived from a CULT OFFICIAL'S book, as were prolly almost all the boox you've read about Bible versions.

6. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Which colleges? Are the accredited? Do their professors publish in leading evangelical scholarly journals?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Mo bolder than saying that the KJT is more accurate than...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.