1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WHY No Meat On lent fridays

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by John3v36, Mar 12, 2004.

1. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

That is as silly as baptist's who feel that they can do anything and it is ok because they are saved and can't ever loose their salvation, without even a need to confess their sins.

2. Living4Him

Living4Him New Member

Debby in Philly,

It's too bad that you friends felt that way. However, I'm sure we all know (or perhaps have been guilty of being) a Sunday Christian.

I was raised as a Baptist and I know for the past 14 years I was guilty of being a "Sunday Christian." I praise God for His love and mercies for bringing me back into the fold.

I realize how important it is that daily I give my life to God and daily I strive to live for and serve Him.

3. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is as silly as baptist's who feel that they can do anything and it is ok because they are saved and can't ever loose their salvation, without even a need to confess their sins. </font>[/QUOTE]I believe it was Paul who dealt with that - we shouldn't sin more so that grace "would abound."
    I wasn't saying that's what is true, it's that it is what they took it to mean - you could deliberately sin as long as you wnet to confession and did penance. A Christian who has been born again and has the mind of Christ would not think to do that. We want to do what is right, we want to please and honor Him, because of what He did for us.

4. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

You are saying that a born again would never sin knowingly?

So for example, when someone on this board bears false witness, I should just assume that person is not saved, because they wouldn't think of sinning like that?

5. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

1 Timothy 4

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats , which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.