1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why not sin?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I sure agree. I think I misunderstood him before.

2. nunatak

nunatak New Member

I agree with Paul.

Rom 7:18-24 For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For I want to do the good, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but I do the very evil I do not want! Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer me doing it but sin that lives in me. So, I find the law that when I want to do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God in my inner being. But I see a different law in my members waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that is in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

3. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

The passage I was talking about.

4. nunatak

nunatak New Member

ditto here

5. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Matthew 7:20-21 (KJV)
    20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 6:46 (KJV)
    And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?