1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why, oh WHY?!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It rained, which is very good as it hasn't happened in a very long time! It didn't just rain, it poured! That left tons of softened dirt, moist grass, and lots of dried leaves on the ground...a perfect hiding place for the most pretentious of the little beings in God's creation.

So WHY did a slug leave all that wonderful safety in order to make his or her way across the grass, under the fence, up onto the patio, and then slime on up my sliding glass door, stop at the handle, and lie in wait for me to open the door, walk outside, then grab the handle to close the door and get slimed, followed by a muffled scream of terror over what on earth was squishing on my fingers?

WHY WHY WHY?!

Ewwwwwww

Don't worry, the slug is okay. I put it back on the concrete and he/she appears to be making a sticky path back to more private environs.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gina, sprinkle a little bit of salt in front of that door and the slugs won't travel past it.

3. A Faithful Sidekick

A Faithful Sidekick New Member

Why oh why....

does rain wash away tons of topsoil every year, but won't take a speck of dust off your car?

~Robin a boy, wondering

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh Gina........yeeeek.....if it had been me you would have heard me:tongue3:

Why, oh why....when you get up earlier than usual the newspaper has not been delivered?:wavey:

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

LOL Melanie!

Why, oh why when I moved here did it take me MONTHS to realize that the mailman wasn't coming extraordinarily early? He was really delivering between 3-4 pm but I didn't start checking my mail until the day after delivery started, so it didn't hit me until my husband came in one afternoon with mail and I said "but I already checked it this morning!"

Even then, I figured "maybe there's a new person being trained and they had to go back" so off I went in the morning and to my surprise no mail, and my sweet husband informed me that there never WAS an early delivery, the mail ALWAYS was delivered later in the day.

I know people have unbrilliant moments, but I guess I win the gold medal for the longest one. :laugh:

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Gina, when I moved over here I was surprised and delighted to see the mail was delivered on a Saturday as well as the weekdays. Also our posties are all on pushbikes....sun,rain and snow. They all are trim and toned. Wanganui is mostly level ground so it is a great place for bicycles.

The other thing is my rubbish is never collected at the crack of dawn....but at the civilised hours between 1300-1500hrs.

Why oh why is it when I pick up dead birds (courtesy of MissDaisyMae), their intestines always drop out and I just about throw up.:tonofbricks: