1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured why physical healing provided For In Cross of Christ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, May 2, 2013.

1. awaken

awaken Active Member

I think God can bring good out of any circumstance! I just do not believe God causes them!

If I believe that then I could blame God for a lot of my own failures!

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God allows/permits those things to happen to us, so wouldn't he have a purpose even in us getting sick/lose jobs/experience hardships?

Note this is GOD speaking here, NOt Satan!

New International Version (©2011)
    The LORD said to him, "Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
    New Living Translation (©2007)
    Then the LORD asked Moses, "Who makes a person's mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the LORD?

English Standard Version (©2001)
    Then the LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does that work then? Something "bad" happens, and God plays his own tape recorder saying, "Your mission, which you have already accepted, is... and this calamity will self-destruct for the good of everyone involved in ___ (hours)(days)(weeks)..." IOW does He have to prance around saying "Hmm, how am I going to make this one work out for good?"

If He's not sovereign over it all from before circumstances conspire to make it happen to the ultimate consequences, is He really "over all things?"

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God says that He is the one who created some who were blind, other deaf, others to speak and see...

That He does at times cause caliminity to comeupon His own people, to reuke them///

Do you agree with God here?

5. awaken

awaken Active Member

I believe we will reap what we sow!
    But when things happen in our lives such as sickness etc. that we have no control over. God can turn that around to our good! Not that the sickness itself if good!

6. awaken

awaken Active Member

Let's consider what it means when the Lord "disciplines" or "chastens" those He loves (Hebrews 12:6-7). The Greek word for "discipline" or "chasten" in most passages means "instruct, learn, teach," according to Strong's Greek Dictionary. Notice that loving parents would not discipline their children by intentionally inflicting cancer or AIDS or any other disease on them! God is a God who loves His children and has our best interests at heart, He's not a God of child abuse. But even if we want to believe that sicknesses are "chastenings," notice that the some passages instructs us to endure chastenings! So if we believe that sicknesses are "chastenings" then we should not go to a doctor nor take any medication nor do anything to alleviate our symptoms nor try to get better, because then we're not enduring our discipline.

God might sometimes use an existing sickness as a way of teaching us something, but this doesn't mean that all of our sicknesses are "afflictions" or "chastenings." Many people are misusing some Scriptures to justify their sicknesses and diseases and infirmities, but wouldn't you rather believe what the Bible really says and then receive healing from your sickness and pain?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    seems that she think God is in a reacter mode, I see Him in the before it hits us mode being at work!

8. awaken

awaken Active Member

I believe he knows all things! Before and after! We do not take God by surprise!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    starnge that you would say these things, for hebrews "hall of fame' accounts that many of Gods best servants suffered horrible things, and that they did it in the Will of god for their lives, so was God being "bad God' to allow them to suffer as He did?

God MAIN interest is to get us to be conformed into image of Christ, and he will take anything to use to get us back who are going wayward!

Did God kill off those 2 in Acts for lying against the HS, or did satan?

And God asks us to pray fro healing, to ask him to intervene, and IF its His Will, he will and dores heal, but many times His sends enduring Grace, as His grace is sufficient!

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two different things. Whether or not God wants to heal is different from physical healing being a guaranteed promise this side of heaven based on the cross.

You are conflating two different issues.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    believe that you and I would agree that Gos can chosse to physical heal, IF it be his Will for that person at that time, but they would say that its always His Will to heal, and thatis where the error comes in!

Spiritually healing 100 % of the time towards siiners who received jesus, healing of the body is based upon what God choses to do!

12. awaken

awaken Active Member

Do you also believe that God choses who is going to be saved and who is not? He died for all! He want all to be healthy and healed! What we need to do is go into scripture and study WHY some are healed and some are not!

Share with me scriptures that he healed or did not and also show me why he did not heal!

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture please

14. awaken

awaken Active Member

Show me a scripture where he does not! Didn't he come to heal the sick too?

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, a claim without support.

16. awaken

awaken Active Member

Did Jesus come to heal the sick???

Luke 7:20-23 tells us that in Jesus' ministry He healed the blind, He healed the lame, He healed lepers, He healed the deaf, He raised the dead, and He preached the Good News:

Luke 7:20-23: "When the men came to Jesus, they said, "John the Baptist sent us to you to ask, 'Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?'" At that very time Jesus cured many who had diseases, sicknesses and evil spirits, and gave sight to many who were blind. So he replied to the messengers, "Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor.""

So are you saying that now he does not want to heal the sick?

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I am saying is that no where in the scripture is it guaranteed. No one here has said what is in your claim.

18. awaken

awaken Active Member

My claim is that it is God's will that we be healed!
    I can continue to post scriptures showing he healed all that came to him if you would like!

BUT do all come to him? Do all believe he still heals today?

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Showing that God healed some does not prove that God wants and guarantees healing for everyone. That is called a begging the question fallacy.

20. awaken

awaken Active Member

You can not show me in scripture where God changed his mind and does not want to heal!