1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Proverbs 8:22 Cannot Refer to Jesus Christ.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Sep 21, 2020.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no sex in heaven. Yet there are male references here as well and you seem to have ignored them. Look at verse 30 and this verse.
    Pro 8:35 For whoso is finding me, hath found life, And bringeth out good-will from Jehovah. Who else but Christ or the Father can give life?.
    So are you saying there is a quadrinity instead of a trinity a female included in the God head?
    Who else could have been there in the very beginning Only Christ. This is what educated people do they suppose. Then create a new doctrine. I know it was mother Mary the Holy Mother of God LOL!
    MB

2. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes Jesus Christ was indeed with the Father and Holy Spirit from eternity past, as they are equally God! There is NO female in the Godhead, that is heresy. I do not and never will subscribe to Jesus Christ being referred to in Proverbs 8:22

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ Him self told the world there will be no marriage in Heaven. Sex it self will have no meaning or use. We are not going to have to raise more children yip pee. Thank God
    I use the KJV most of the time it's what I'm use to but over the years I also have found little discrepancies here and there Nothing that is life changing but we have to remember that the Bibles we have today are translated by imperfect humans. IOW's we no longer have a perfect Bible.

The YLT states the first two verses like this below;
    Pro 8:1 Doth not wisdom call? And understanding give forth her voice?
    Pro 8:2 At the head of high places by the way, Between the paths she hath stood,
    These two verses I see as speaking about wisdom and understanding. not a person or Christ.
    Understanding is wisdom they go together like two peas in a pod. Understanding gives us wisdom and wisdom gives us understanding. I especially like verse 14
    Pro 8:14 Mine is counsel and substance, I am understanding, I have might.
    Verse 15 begins speaking of the power of God's Son.
    Pro 8:15 By me kings reign, and princes decree righteousness,
    I'm Convinced that this is about Christ after studying the chapter
    MB