1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Should I Support Fred Thompson?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by PastorSBC1303, Sep 12, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is a flawed analysis. How can you possibly make a statement like "personal values on a complete stranger" when our personal values have been trampled through the mud by this Administration for years?

How could we do any worse? FT is a human being and not perfect. However, considering the Democrats running (which are not even a consideration) and the pathetic front runners for the Republicans (ie Giuliani and Romney), he is a breath of fresh air. Ron Paul is not going to get the nomination.

This is the first time I have thought about not voting for a third party. I get the impression this is not a Bush type candidate. Give the guy a chance. Think about it, Cheney could be running.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My electrician is not a politician - I am not voting for him as president.

Fred might be a good guy for the job - but "just the fact" that he is not a career politician is not enough. It is interesting that "nothing else" is coming out here as the "big reason" to vote for him over another GOP candidate that would also support success in Iraq -- victory over defeat and a strong America over a weak America?

in Christ,

Bob

3. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

For the record, I HAVE NO BONE TO PICK WITH FRED THOMPSON AND VERY WELL MAY VOTE FOR HIM!!! :)

That being said.... I find it silly to suggest he is a political outsider when he cleary hasn't been. Two term senator and former lobbyist= outsider? I think not. Also, someone running for President isn't just a low key guy without substantial political ambitions. When I saw a career politician described as, "not a politician," I felt I had to say something because this is flagrantly untrue. Now, you might wish to say that he shouldn't have been a career politician or you wish he hadn't been one, but please, don't lie. Just out of curiosity, how could someone be a Senator while not being a politician?

That being said, I HAVE NO BONE TO PICK WITH FRED THOMPSON AND VERY WELL MAY VOTE FOR HIM!!! :)

Love, peace, and warm fuzzies to the sensitivty police,
    Moi

4. Ivon Denosovich

5. Ivon Denosovich

6. Ivon Denosovich

So sorry for the tripple posts! Computer issues... <sigh>

But still, the above two sentences is, "up is down and west is east," in some eery political double speak.

#26 Ivon Denosovich, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you, Ivon

I agree with you, Ivon, that Fred is a politician. He is also a lawyer and a very good actor. Another actor, singer, and song-writer, as well as gospel singer, was Gov. Jimmie Davis of Louisiana, who was inducted into the country music hall of fame for writing the beautiful song You Are My Sunshine. To say that Gov. Jimmie Davis was not a politician would be to underestimate him seriously.

Fred now has the very competent Rich Galen as a political consultant. Galen is blogging his work with Fred--very interesting:

http://www.mullings.com/Mullblog.htm

8. Ivon Denosovich

Dearest church mouse guy,

1) It's Friday.

2) We agree on something!

All the best,
    Moi

9. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes indeedy, a pro abortionist for President. Just what this country needs.

11. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of Gingrich, I thought he would come out by now. I like much of what he represents (minus the marriage problems) and he is a pretty smart, conservative guy.

12. Alex Quackenbush

Let's see, during Reagan, no wait...Bush...no wait Bush again, no wait during NONE of them has Roe vs Wade been reversed. Hmmm, yeah I'm a ONE ISSUE person....NOT! GO RUDY!

13. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Well if that isn't unholy pragmatism.

14. Alex Quackenbush

It isn't and I am glad you realize that.

15. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gingrich can't get any traction to get running.

Thanks for your service to the USA, AF Guy!

I got called the other day by the Gingrich telemarketers. They had me listen to an audio clip of Gingrich and then asked me for money. I agree with him and I agree wtih you that Gingrich is smart and conservative. But I think that you hit the nail on the head with the marriage issue. No one is any more disappointed than me, but I am happy with Fred, who has a less intense style, wouldn't you say?

http://www.mullings.com/Mullblog.htm

16. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

It is, and I was speaking rhetorically.

17. Alex Quackenbush

Oh I see, I didn't notice that. I suppose instead of underhanded insults you should learn to come out directly and state what you believe. Well Andy T. you are free to ride your high horse and imagine what you will, though of course you are wrong. In any even GO RUDY!!!!

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Mr Quack n Bush
    If you read my previous post, you would see that I raked George Bush over the coals for not getting Roe vs Wade overturned. Reagan had a Democratic Congress and Bush 1 had a Democratic Congress, as did Nixon and Ford, if you would bother to research history.

It is beyond my imagination how any Christian could vote for someone who proclaims to be pro abortion, pro gun control, for gay rights, etc. Why not just vote for the Democrat? I do not believe that is a one issue type deal. Giulilani is against a whole array of moral standards that are from the Bible.

Fred Thompson may not be the ideal candidate, but he stands head and shoulders above Giluiani, but then again, so does a pet cat. You could put this guy on stage with the rest of the Democrats and could not pick him out.

There is nothing to fear. I guarantee you Rudy will not be elected.

19. Ivon Denosovich

I take it politics is a rather personal subject around here.

20. Alex Quackenbush

Go RUDY...from a blood bought, born again, Bible believing CHRISTIAN!!!!!