1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Should I Support Fred Thompson?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by PastorSBC1303, Sep 12, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Tell you what, I am so certain that Rudy will not be elected that I will make you a deal. If he is elected, I will send you a video of me standing on my head singing the "Stars Spangled Banner." If he loses, you do the same. Deal?

2. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

Such a small price to pay if either one of us is wrong. I'll tell you what. You can stand on your head and sing as you say, if you are wrong and if I am wrong, I will volunteer to watch two hours in a row of The Lifetime Channel and such a feat notarized.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

yeah ummm im rubber you're glue, what you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.....

how about we get back to Thompson, shall we?

4. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

Your inconsequential remark is definitely a good place to do that. What about Fred? Well, one word is, DULL. Fred doesn't have what it takes. Nice guy, good V.P. choice but forget it. Now if Newt and Fred had a baby...well that might work.

#44 Alex Quackenbush, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  5. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Thompson will be one more Republican who will basically continue to hand the country over to corporate interests and will break whatever promises he makes to pacify the religious right and get their votes. He can't beat any of the top Democratic candidates, not by a long shot.

I've already decided that I will support Mike Huckabee. Hopefully, he will make it through the primaries and will be a viable contender going into the convention. There are no other Republicans I will support. I'm tired of religious right leaders trying to make conservative, Bible-believing, evangelical Christians out of liberal Protestants like Fred Thompson in order to get the votes of the Christian right. There is no credibility in leadership that won't support the one candidate who actually represents the perspective of the Christian voters that keep supporting Republicans.

It's not like the Republican nominee has a snowballs chance on a hot stove of winning in '08 anyway. Might as well nominate someone who is serious about the issues Christians think are important.

#45 Jack Matthews, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  6. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

You made some interesting points. (I like your keen sense of skepticism about religion baiting.) I'm curious what you mean by this statement though. Are you taking issue with Republican economics in general or just Thompson's policies?

7. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Both. Thompson is laisez-faire when it comes to economics, and the Republicans are bent on letting the corporate world get away with murder when it comes to killing the working class and the independent business middle class.

8. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I understand some take issue with capitalism run amok, but FT is by no means laissez faire. Speaking as one who is, I can assure you of this.