1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why so many unfounded attacks on Calvinism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

An honest answer to post #198.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just go and read your many posts on this thread to find the answer to your question gb (Joe).Of course that would require you to be looking with eyes of discernment.

Aw,we're on page 21 already.

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Not sure what your getting at here, other than just to disagree. But I will stick with my statement. I really don't care if you call me a Calvinist of not.

??? the point? Who cares?

Do you not see your REAL heart???
    You claim to be this God honoring unifier of the Church.

I SAY....I could care less what you call me...and YOU want to argue about it.
    I SAY... that one thing that does matter, and that you can't seem to get in your head is, the fact that no Calvinist follows John Calvin.

And on the very next post.....

What do YOU do??

At you mad at life??

#203 Jarthur001, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2008
  4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I agree.

The links prove the point.

Some...not all...but some post also prove it.

Cast closed....sealed....shut-r-down

5. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

All men to be saved

God wanting all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth and Jesus drawing all men to Himself is a call to go out and reach the world because it doesn't take away from what Romans 10 tells us and with this attitude, even though men are stubburn and hard headed this is the attitude that we should go out with.

2 Corinthians 5:16So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin[Or be a sin offering ] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

We who are called by God through Jesus know what message Christ sent us out with and that is the message we should go out with.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since this thread was started out of fear...it should be shut down.

7. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I read the first two pages and the last because I haven't the time to finish. Supper won't prepare itself. LOL!

I just want to say that if Calvinists think they're in the minority, I'd like to introduce myself. :)

I belive in predestination and free will. One is for the Jew and one is for the Gentile.

Now that is a minority belief.

8. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

I figured you'd already know what I'm about to say . . .

Rather than just putting this thread out of its misery, why not lay the axe at the root and quarantine the whole topic? Give Calvinism its own forum, make it private, and ban the topic everywhere else.

Some of you equate Calvinism with the gospel and imply that the rest of us don't believe or preach the gospel. You consider Calvinism to be the only honest understanding of Scripture and, therefore, the rest of us are either knaves or fools. And just like a fisherman who lives for the time when he can get to the water and wet a hook, I'm convinced that you have no greater joy than to start a thread that will lure your brothers into a fight--all for the SDG, of course.

Let's just clean the problem out, fumigate the BB, and be at peace among ourselves.

9. drfuss

drfuss New Member

drfuss: I assume you mean the predestination part is for the Jews and the free will part is for the Gentiles. This is the first I have run across this different belief. As a believer in The Doctrines of Salvation, I will have to think about that.

#209 drfuss, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2008
  10. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To grant mercy would be a compromise. Personally I can not compromise with something that has proven it self false.
    MB

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What Scripture do you base your belief on? This might make for it's own interesting thread...care to start it?

12. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Yet another case in point of the OP..

Again we see more blanket statements....with no proof.

13. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Its called the election of groups. At one time web use to believe this too. I have no idea if this is still the case. Or at least you would say.."Elect is only used toward the Jews". But I have not seen him say that for a while.

Many reason this is not the case.

One...

this view removes all the blessings given to the elect in Eph 1...and other places.

two..
    There are to many passages that tell the church is the elect.

Its bad theology

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Yes...please start one. This one will be a easy one.

In fact...i'll not wait. I'll start one now. :)

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There seems to be a general consensus that this thread needs to be closed.
    So done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.