1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Sunday can NOT be the Lord's Day

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by wopik, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dear Bob Ryan,
    Why do you oppose what I have said? Do I oppose jesus Christ? Do I oppose the Ten Commandments? No, and no!
    But I oppose if the Law may steal of Jesus' glory and admiration.
    I illustrate once again, pointing to the Jews. They still today worship and sanctify the Sabbath for no reason different than yours. I am not satisfied by that. I need Jesus, and I love Jesus in the Sabbath. I believe the sabbath in Jesus or not at all.

3. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Gerhard Ebersoehn, I asked that question because there are always people on a discussion like this that will insist that the disciples met on the first day of the week and I just wanted them to quote chapter and verse.

You also said,I believe the sabbath in Jesus or not at all.

I agree with you on that too! I maintain that the Sabbath is the 7th day of the week. (the same day the Jews observe it) don't you?

working for Jesus,

Tam

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I quote wopik:
    The New Covenant does not abolish the law, it just changes the LOCUS OF CONTROL.EQ
    The New Covenant also changes the LOCUS OF Authority (which one may also describe as "the LOCUS OF CONTROL"). The Authority no longer rests in the written Law, but THE LAW itself the Living Word of God in the Person of Jesus Christ IS, The Law. In any way to the Christian, that is! He who is no believer in Christ won't accept, but will deny.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Don't be mistaken - what I have said does not mean the abrogation or the denial of the Sabbath DAY - it means just what effectually must have been introduced by the historical fact of Jesus' resurrection from the dead "In the Sabbath's fulness, in the very being of (day's) light ..." Mt.28:1

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I quote Bob: Deut 6:6 IS proclaiming the very heart of the new birth - of the changed heart - of the New Covenant. This is why there is only REALLY ONE Gospel.EQ

You identify the new birth - the changed heart - with the New Covenant, and make it 'the very heart' of the Gospel. "This is why there is only REALLY ONE Gospel", you wrote.
    Bob, think of it, that Jesus Christ is the very heart of the New Covenant. I accept what have said, but your emphasis is wrongly placed on the subjective experience of very unreliable man, and the weight of your construction does not rest on the Sure Foundation - THE Only and Real Gospel, jesus Christ. The Gospel does not in the first place signify our proclamation of the Joyful Message - The Gospel is God's OWN Word of Good News, Jesus, Who was born in Bethlehem and reared in Nazareth, "Selected Acre" to God's Providence.
    I have argued with you concerning the Law in the same way, so that we may keep God's Sabbath Day acceptable to Him, and not to His annoyance.

8. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Yes, same day, sabbath (saturday), but the way I worship is different than the Jews, because I have the New covenant, and thats what I celebrate!!

Praise His Holy name!!

Peace,

Tam