1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why the GOP cannot be reformed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, May 13, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An excellent answer with which I wholeheartedly agree:

NRO: What convinced you that it would be impossible to reform the Republican party from within?

BARR: The fact that the Republican party has evidenced absolutely no interest whatsoever in moving back toward concepts such as the rule of law and away from concepts such as the so-called unitary executive, which flies in the face of both common sense and constitutional history in terms of separation of powers — a Republican party that for several years while the party controlled both houses of Congress and the White House did not move in the direction of shrinking the size, the scope or the cost of government and has moved significantly and consistently to increase federal spending.

- http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=M2NkMmU1NWM3ODI2ZjJhODAwNjQ4YzU0NmNkYjBiY2E=

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I will keep an eye on Bob Barr. Edited because of precoffee posting caused momentary "Senioritis" that Cutter brought to our attention.

#2 Palatka51, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  3. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I thought the Hammer in politics was Tom DeLay. :confused:

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Mr. Barr is probably right, but it's still the only choice if your vote means anything. We can still work toward electing conservatives, which can't be said for the Democrat party, at least to the same degree. I believe time is short anyway.

#4 hillclimber1, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

That's right!:eek: I now claim my "Senior moment". :eek:

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Same reason Dems can't be reformed

Because both parties are owned by the same people and nothing is going to change that isn't in their plan for us.