1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why the persistent evasion?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Scott J, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Young lady, the NasV is supposedly using updated and relevent language of today in it's contexual meanings, you just blew the cover off that arguement. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]No. I think she just blew the cover off of your double standard. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Hey, thanks for the ammo, Sister, uh, Russell. I thought it sounded funny calling Russell a sister.

Why is it the NasV is the only "version" that says God twice in the passage compared to all the others? This one example proves rather confusing to the one who takes first glance w/o something accurate to compare it with. ;)

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Well since you label me as KJVO then I'll meet your presumption and raise you two, Call!
    Uh, no, I don't sing "Live For Today", I sing dee-deet-ta-deet-ta, dee-dee-da-dee-da, deeta, dee-dee-da-deet-dee-dee-deet-ta day, and ya don't mess around with Jim.
    Uh, no wonder you come to the wrong conclusions so often, you don't have the Bible
    That's a questionable opinion if I ever "read" one! Your interpetations? Ha!ha!ha!
    I have never been KJVO and your "if" leaves open the possibility of the impossible. KJVO is false labeling and you know it, except for the extreme few who believe a person can only be saved using the KJB. You alow the possibilty of becoming what you fight so hard against! If you don't watch out you'll be recorded as saying,"Well, you know how the old saying goes? If ya can't beat'em, join 'em!" Hopefully that will never happen, I love arguing with you too much! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Uh, verbal equivelency, Scott, something your heroes , w/h, threw out the window and invented their own form of equivelency.
    Here, let me try my hand at interpeting: Scott really said, "He's got me here fellas, we all know the Lord is God, just don't let on like we know it, o.k.?"
    Nope, that makes you branch kin. You're up in smoke in them thar mountins', wee-un's is from thuh hills, yall'is' arre is too thin fur ennywon to ritely breeeethe. And youse prob'ly voted fur Gorhe.
    I agree, that's why the Nasv falls under the same catagory with KJVO, both are uh, misleading. ;)

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

With a belief system like that no wonder I run into so many people who say the Bible is written by men and ther is no God. :rolleyes: Your belief system is generating fools.
    My step-mother would eat you alive, she gets nowhere in her agruements about Christ not being the Messiah with me or my friends with Hope of Israel Baptist Missions, but she will quickly show anyone how they have the preserved the Torah, right on her little table with the little candle she lights while reading. Her daughters are both messianic jews, they still hold their little rituals with Momma but then try and explain Yeshua-Hamashiach . They give me their info, though they pretty much hold to the Jewsih Bible of 1917, they all have the KJB for daily reading
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bait and switch! Bait and switch! Now I supose we'll have to argue vowel points? Hey, Scott? Is it G-d, YhWh, Yahweh, YHWH, or God?

5. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I don't. I see where the confusion begins reading the NasV,then ends right after I get through reading the AV 1611 KJB. ;)

6. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I some how believe you do think that. Yall argue that the KJB is archaic and the words don't mean the same today and are irrelelvant, but then you take what yall say is relevant by today's standards and relate it to mean the same thing then as it doesn't now, talk about C O N F U S I O N !

The 1995 vulg-date is supposed to have the relevant word "deceive", uh decpetion, uh, deliberate and felonious entrapment. God can be flattered, I can be flattered, but flattery will get you nowhere with God or me.

[​IMG]

7. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that is probably the most inane statement you have made the whole time. Trying to incite again? Why? It seems you have no real proof nor cogent arguments. Your only effective tactics are to delay, evade, and trying to slip your double standards by.

Your lack of relevant answers to legitimate questions speaks the volumes.
    That's a questionable opinion if I ever "read" one! Your interpetations? Ha!ha!ha! </font>[/QUOTE] And once again, I am overwhelmed by your proof and evidence :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . I have posted plainly what I believe. You have not proven it to violate any of the 4 principles I listed above. All you have done is blab and bluster without any substance at all.

It is you that don't have the Bible. You carry any Bible you like but if it doesn't cause you to love truth more than your vain, man-made false doctrine then you don't really have a Bible at all.
    I have never been KJVO and your "if" leaves open the possibility of the impossible. KJVO is false labeling and you know it, except for the extreme few who believe a person can only be saved using the KJB.</font>[/QUOTE] KJVOnlyism is not limited to your definition. It is defined by a false belief that the KJV is the only valid version of God's Word available today in English demonstrated by a persistent and baseless habit of comparing other versions to the KJV as if the KJV were the standard. If this is not what you believe then please clarify your position. I haven't read all of your posts but none of the ones I have read are inconsistent with the belief commonly known as KJVOnlyism.
    I ask for proof. Not circular arguments. Not dodge the issues. Not obscure or distort the facts. Just give me the plain proof.
    Uh, verbal equivelency, Scott, something your heroes , w/h, threw out the window and invented their own form of equivelency.</font>[/QUOTE] Nope. They used words that were contemporary to their time to translate an entirely different phrase. Just accept the facts. They used dynamic equivalency.
    You bet [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] . The way he thinks you could probably get him to write a KJVO book called "Duh King James BIBLE in duh Balance."
    Nope. After all of this wrangling, all you have managed to do is apply standards to the NASB that if applied to the KJV would likewise bring it down.

Your real problem is that you despise the Bible. Your afraid that if it exists in today's language you won't be able to make it say what you want it to say. You can't stand the notion that someone might have the Bible is simultaneously more literal than the KJV and more understandable to the modern reader. I bet it really gripes you that the NASB stands alone as the only translation ever made by uniformly conservative, evangelical (read historic fundamentalists) scholars that were required to affirm biblical inerrancy and salvation by grace alone before being allowed to contribute.

8. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I some how believe you do think that. Yall argue that the KJB is archaic and the words don't mean the same today and are irrelelvant, but then you take what yall say is relevant by today's standards and relate it to mean the same thing then as it doesn't now, talk about C O N F U S I O N !

</font>[/QUOTE]You know, I consider myself pretty confused at times but currently, in this thread, the only thing I am confused about is what you might possibly have meant by the statement above.

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With a belief system like that no wonder I run into so many people who say the Bible is written by men and ther is no God.</font>[/QUOTE] You failed to make that connection. Just because you decide to make some antagonistic charge doesn't make it true... since the rest of us don't consider your opinion the final authority.

The church has never been dependent on a word for word perfect copy of the scriptures. The evidence says that variants crept in very shortly after the originals were given.
    Then the orthodox, fundamentalist, Bible believing, Bible cherishing Christians throughout history have been nothing but fools... because the belief I hold falls within the bounds of historic Christian belief. Your belief is the very recent aberration.
    Interesting anecdote... that however does not prove the generalization that you made.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bait and switch! Bait and switch! Now I supose we'll have to argue vowel points? Hey, Scott? Is it G-d, YhWh, Yahweh, YHWH, or God?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Nope. Just asking whether you are really interested in applying the standard uniformly that you set up for the NASB. Obviously from your answer, you are not. If your standard is not a valid test for the KJV then it is not a valid test for the NASB.

10. Precepts

Precepts New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]You know, I consider myself pretty confused at times but currently, in this thread, the only thing I am confused about is what you might possibly have meant by the statement above.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'll start praying that you get it someday soon, and the sooner the better.

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The really hilarious part is that he said he would pray for me because his statement was written like that.

13. russell55

russell55 New Member

So, in the end, we have 7 pages of nothing more than evasive tactics. Cute.....

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like some say; If you don't have something to say just shout, stomp, and spit and people will believe you.

The other thing is that if you say something long enough and hard enough people will eventually believe you.

So ignorance does have its place.

15. Precepts

Precepts New Member

[​IMG]Oooo! I feel so loved! Just all warm and fuzzy!

16. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh you mean like when you said:

That's the secondary application, the primary application is made clear in verses 11-13 (Eph 2) see also Eph 3:6
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, I can see where your type makes Jesus second in every appilcation you make.</font>[/QUOTE]If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

17. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Actually, I would say, "Even if you can take it, don't dish junk like that out."

18. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Actually, I would say, "Even if you can take it, don't dish junk like that out." </font>[/QUOTE]Ditto! How's the pie?

[​IMG]