1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why The RCC Is A Cult

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The American Dream, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Then you tell us how a sinner is saved.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wads addressing Zenas a his belief that you loose your salvation.

3. OldRegular

Sorry, I misunderstood!

4. OldRegular

I was thinking of something similar earlier in the evening as I was fixin supper! {That is what we do down here.}

Back in olden times when I was defending my country, stationed on a cargo ship hauling supplies to the Sixth Fleet in the Med, we were tied up at a dock in Casablanca. There was a young Muslim boy, I would guess 12-14 who came down to the dock in the evening, climbed up on one of the cranes and slept there. Otherwise he lived on the streets.

Sunday evening food on our ship was cold cuts. {There were other names for it which cannot be repeated but probably remembered by other sailors.} One Sunday evening when the boy came down to his home at night the Petty Officer at the quarterdeck engaged this boy in conversation. The question of food came up and was offered the boy. When he found out it could possibly contain pig meat he refused since pigs are unclean to Muslims. He was obviously hungry but was faithful to his teaching. True story and I was impressed!

**********************************************************************************************

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

The sinner is saved through a gratuity of God...it cannot be earned by self. "Works" are as a child wishes to please his parent, an imitation of good, no matter how imperfect it is.

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

New Zealand was a land of free settlers, there was a determination NOT to be full of Roman Catholics. My father's family emigrated from Scotland to the South Island was Presbyterian. There were some Catholic migration, I just look up the river to Jerusalem where Mother Aubert worked.
    NZ has just celebrated 150 years of Christianity.

I am quite happy to belong to the RC cult, as the cult leader is Jesus Christ.

7. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

8. OldRegular

"Saved through a gratuity of God." So what you are telling us that if we work hard enough and God is pleased with our work then perhaps He will give us a tip, Salvation? But if we don't earn the favor of God then no tip, no salvation.

What a frightful doctrine? What a terrible view of God! To put it bluntly: It is a hell of a way to live; you work, you sweat, you do penance, you say endless hail Marys, you sacrifice the body and blood until the wafers come out your ears, and still that might not be sufficient to earn the favor of God! How pathetic to go through life trying to do the impossible, win the favor of God. I did not realize how terrible was the cult that the Bishop of Rome and his cohorts, the teaching magisterium had foisted on so many millions of people.

I grieve for you Ms Melanie. I have a lovely Granddaughter named Melanie; 25 years old. I thank God that she will never have to go through what you must daily, because she knows that salvation is solely by the grace of God!

Scripture tells us plainly:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Ephesians 2:8-10
    8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And then the Apostle Peter, whom you mistakenly believe was the first pope tells us:

1 Peter 1:6-9
    6. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
    7. That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
    8. Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
    9. Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Notice 2 things that God through Peter tells us:

In verse 8: yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Being a Christian is a joyful life no matter the trials, it is not a life of fear wondering whether or not I have earned God's favor. We could never do enough to warrant what our salvation cost God.

In verse 9 :Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

If I look at the words of Our Saviour Jesus Christ I see that it is faith that saves.
    If I look at the words of Jesus Christ given to the Apostle Paul I see again that through the GRACE of God I am saved by faith and.
    If i look at the words of Jesus Christ given to the Apostle Peter I see again that I am saved by faith.

So the Grace of God given through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ yields Salvation and Joy, not fear! Fear that comes from believing one must earn the favor of God.

**************************************************************************************************

9. OldRegular

Sorry, I thought the Bishop of Rome, the pope, was leader of the cultic Church of Rome. One thing is certain, it is not Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ did not suffer the cross for our sin to establish a heinous organization like the cultic Church of Rome where fear dominates.

***************************************************************************************************************

10. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

If what you said was true, there would be no adherence to Catholicism. However, it is not and no amount of debating will change your view of the church nor mine.

11. OldRegular

What I said is true and that is the reason the Church of Rome is a cult and the pope is the cult leader.

It is because the Church of Rome kept the Bible from the laity that Europe went through the horrors of the Dark Ages. The Church of Rome is probably responsible for the deaths of more believers than any group other than Islam. Read sometime about the slaughter of the Huguenots in France, the Albigenses, the Waldenses. The Cultic Church of Rome used coercion to make converts in the past just as Islam has in the past and does today.

I know many fine people who are adherents of the Church of Rome. I have no reason to doubt the salvation of most of these people. there was a time in my life as a Christian when I believed that a member of the Roman Communion could not be saved because they believed a false Gospel.

When I came to believe in the Doctrines of Sovereign Election and Grace I had to understand that God could save a member of the cultic Church of Rome in spite of its false doctrine.

************************************************************************************************

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May our friend continue to post herer, and that the Lord will open his heart and mind to the true Gospel that saves us lost sinners!

That there are saved catholics is true, but that is despite their false doctrines and teachings!

13. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A whole lot of 'Trail Of Blood' fantasy. BTW, if you ever actually expect to convince Catholics that you hold the true 'biblical positions', you might try to quell the seething hatred. All your mocking and vitriol is not at all Christ like. It really doesn't attract anyone to your way of thinking.

And, just a reminder. Melanie, myself, and Thinkingstuff were Baptists when we joined this board and became Catholic years ago. We believed just like you do now. We studied the teachings of the Catholic Church and are convinced it IS biblical Christianity. We were all told by other members of the BB that if we were 'true believers' that we would leave the Church of Rome. We are all still very convinced that we were in error as Baptists and that we made the right choice to become Catholics. As Melanie said, you are not going to change what you believe about Christ's Holy Church and we are not going to leave it. Your badgering and name-calling isn't effective.

#33 Walter, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  14. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Walter, are you saying the RCC did not persecute and murder thousands of other Christians, for a long time? This can be shown, just as it can be shown that the Magisterial Reformers did this, too.

15. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surf: "Pope says sorry for sins of church". Read several view points.

Can this be the Bride, The Lambs' Wife?

If not the Bride, what?

Some one is strongly deluded, believing a lie.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#35 Bro. James, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  16. OldRegular

Your problem is you are deluded into believing that what some call the Church of Rome is the Church that Jesus Christ established. The Church of Rome really does not exist. Instead it is a cult, really a secular state, built upon the false teaching of the papacy and the teaching magisterium. This Roman cult has adopted many of the characteristics of the Levitical priesthood and corrupted them by substituting the continual sacrificial offering of the blood and body of Jesus Christ rather than the Levitical offering of certain animals. Schaff was prophetic when he said [Volume 2, page 73, Schaff's History of the Christian Church]:
    You start with the false teaching that the pope is the Vicar of Jesus Christ on earth. Have you ever read of some of the men that served as pope. These popes would better be described as the Vicar of Satan on earth.

I am not going to present a list of the heretical teachings of Rome. You know what they are, perhaps better than I do. I know this that Schaff is indeed prophetic. The popes beginning with the first, Constantine, have continually corrupted the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Scripture tells us: Romans 1:16, 17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The hoary empire of Rome, consistent with what Schaff states, has changed salvation, as the purview of God, into the power of the pope, the priesthood, and the teaching magisterium. One must wonder if the abundance pf pedophile priests in the Cult of Rome used their supposed power of salvation to satisfy their perverted behavior.

17. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of course there were atrocities committed by both Catholics and Protestants (Magisterial Reformers) and the Catholic Church (as mentioned) has apologized for it's part. There is perhaps no better trump card in the deck of anti-Catholic urban legends than "The Inquisition." The Inquisition (as we have witnessed here) is raised as banner proof that the Church is the intolerant, oppressive enemy of modern thought, science, and freedom. However, it was nothing on the scaled that is generally claimed on this board. The gross exaggerations and historical inaccuracies in the Trail of Blood have been debunked on numerous threads here before. That was not my point, Rebel. Old Regular is fond of mocking, name calling and viotriol at a level that is both un-Christ like and unkind. It's uncalled for. If his objective is to cause such disgust by the couple of Catholic posters to this board that they quit contributing he may have achieved his goal.

18. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One also wonders about the abundance of pedophile Baptist clergy who use their positions when they put their filthy hands on innocent children:

http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm

19. OldRegular

Any so-called minister who abuses his position has dirty hands and worse.

However, it is a fact that those of Rome covered up the perversion of many of its priests until a sufficient number of adults who had been sexually abused as children came forward. Who knows what went on in the years since the hierarchy of Rome decreed an unmarried priesthood.

***************************************************************************************************

20. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See also: Post #6, this thread. Mother Theresa's reflections at the end of her life speaks volumes as to the nature of her religion.

See also the apologies of John Paul II.

A possible error in body count does not change the fact of an atrocity.

The blood of the Saints still cries out over the past two millennia.

How soon we forget.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.