1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Why this Libertarian Can Support Obama"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Feb 2, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fairly well defines "convoluted" thinking.

I find it interesting that, according to one of the contributers, it appears Obama will not even discuss using force of arms. Seems to be beneath his consideration.

The next logical step in the progression is appeasement. Dangerous thinking for a president of a country that others are dedicated to destroying.

#2 carpro, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2008
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is nothing like that on that page. Where did you get that idea from?

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read your own source , Ken.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did. It's not there.

Also, I am providing the link for the purpose of providng the blogger's comments, not the comments of some readers of the blog.

Still, what you claim that one of the commenters wrote isn't there.

#5 KenH, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

It may be why alot of the most vocal blacks like Sharpton and Jackson are not supporting him or are not the least bit excited about his candidacy. If you make a living convincing your people that they cant make it in life without government help and all kinds of affirmative action then a system in which people move ahead based on their talent and intellectual achievement, which is what a meritocracy is, then I can understand why the mainstream whiny black establishment like those mentioned above are nervous about his nomination. However I think that the writer of the mentioned blog is wrong. I think Obama is a big goverment liberal who will try to nationalize and tax. These are not libertarian principles.

On health care he has stated: "The time has come for universal health care in America. I am absolutely determined that by the end of the first term of the next president, we should have universal health care in this country."

He has supported a ban on the sale, manufacturing and possession of handguns. A blatant violation of the 2nd amendment.

Like I said before it seems like more of a protest vote than anything else. If I cant get in the Republican that I want then I'll give my vote to the Democrats.

#6 Ps104_33, Feb 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2008
  7. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Good points, Ps104_33, as those are far from being liberbtarian. But I think the author admitted this in his blog.

Btw, I once thought of supporting Obama but UniHC & gun control keep me out of his camp. I probably could have supported Richardson as he doesn't *appear* to be quite as liberal.