1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WHY Universal Reconciliation is wrong ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by dan p, Jul 6, 2010.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ahhh - so many in error who now know the truth. Unfortunately, many know the truth in a bad way.....

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You do not believe in the Trinity?

3. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

No. Just like your second coming, your rapture, your pagan word hell these are non scriptural terms. God is one that is what Israel believed and still believes and God does not change just because someone established the Catholic Church.

Show me using God's Word where God is made up of three persons?

Show me in God's word the phase "first person of the trinity", "second person of the trinity" and "third person of the trinity". Without these terms you have no trinity except from the prayer books of Rome.

If you can show me that then i will believe in the trinity. God's Word says God is one. Good enough for me.

4. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

If you know the truth as you claim then where do all these unscriptural Words come from. I tell you your religion and not the Bible.

5. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So why do you post on a Christian Forum? No one agrees here with your false teaching.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't know how long he is banned but I know I will be praying for him to know the true God of the Bible.

7. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not all men will be saved. However, I have a question for you. Is salvation offered to all men?

8. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Whether one believes in foreordained faith or foreseen faith, both views realize that God knows either according to purpose or to omniscience who will be saved and who will not be saved.

However, there is no man who knows who the elect are and either way the only way they can be known by men is through their response to the gospel (1 Thes. 1:4-5). Hence, the gospel is preached to all and all are called to repent and believe the gospel. Thus in the sense of preaching, salvation is offered to "whoseover will" but not to "whosoever will not" believe.

9. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Salvation is not offered in the gospel. Paul said in Acts 13, "whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent." He didn't offer it to them, he stated that it was sent to them. Salvation is declared, proclaimed, sent through the gospel. It is sent to whosoever feareth God. It is to be preached indiscriminantly, but unto some it will be the savor of death unto death, unto others the savor of life unto life. Preaching the gospel manifests who are children of God, it shows they were chosen by God.

Christ offered Himself once, and that was to God. He didn't offer Himself to man. I find no justification for me offering Him to man over and over again. I do find reason to preach Him to man over and over again and exhort believers to be baptized, take up their cross, and follow Him.

10. dan p

dan p New Member

Is it offered to all ??

Hi Thinkingstuff , and in 2 Peter 3:19 , NOT willing that any should PERISH
    bu8t that all should come to Repentance .

Then in Heb 2:9 , " that by the grace of God should TASTE DEATH for every man .

Jesus had to die for all , period , and no one will show otherwise !!!

11. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen. And in that sense I believe Salvation to be Universal. However, I do not believe Universal means that all will be saved. But that it is (Salvation) offered to all Men with out discrimination.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If Jesus died for all, then everyone goes to heaven.

13. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Flawed assumption. Jesus did die for all but not all will take the gift. Which means even more harsh judgement for them.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But if Jesus died for everyone's sins, then their sins are forgiven. Period. Was His death not effective otherwise?

15. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A gift can only be effective if taken. Otherwise it unused opportunity.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Then Jesus' death wasn't effective.

17. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Ann,

Are you actually arguing for universal salvation or are you attempting to define the atonement in regard to whether it was conditional or unconditional in application????

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Definitely not universal salvation. ;)

19. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Most Baptist agree with thinkingstuff.

Then, of course, we have to deal with 2 Corinthians 5:19:
    Most will buy the idea that God reconciled the world to himself (world meaning everybody). But the problem lies with the next phrase "not imputing their trespasses to them..." Most Baptists don't buy that. But the verse says nothing about reconciliation being contingent upon accepting the gift;

One can't have it both ways. If God reconciles the world, and does not impute trespasses, everybody does go to heaven. Unless, of course, "world" does not mean all without exception. That's the only way that verse can work.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:thumbs: :thumbs: