1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why voting for Donald Trump is not a morally good choice.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yep.

But it's just a part of the enormous amount of rationalization that Christians engage in to justify their support of Trump.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If people want to vote for an immoral man like Trump that is between them and God. I will vote my conscience as well. They will most likely end up with another Bill Clinton in the office.

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My "campaign against" as you call it is with the GOP, not necessarily with Trump (though he's got plenty of flaws). The GOP has given us Trump, just as they had given us McCain and Romney (and might as well throw Dole in there too.) I'm angry with the GOP, Trump just happens to be the point man.

So, you see, no denial whatsoever. Trump supporters? They're in denial because they think he's a winner, a good candidate.

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and if enough people like you would vote their conscience instead of being in lockstep with the GOP, we would eventually get decent candidates again.

5. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    During the primary the Trump campaign bragged about the democrats voting for them

But now that the numbers don't work in their favor his supporters want to disavow dems voting for him. Interesting to say the least.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What supporters? Who has disav owed them? No one here. So what if dems are voting for Trump?

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good. Put it out there for all to see.

8. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Carpo, that is what we have been discussing. So now we have a link, and a pro-Trump youtube video showing that Dems were voting for him in the primary and his supporters were saying that it would continue to the general.
    Dems and their Press arm chose the opponent for Clinton. That is just a simple fact, and no amount of saying no they didn't will change my mind.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true.

There is no doubt that democrats voted for Trump. At issue is your ridiculous 12 million fabrication.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I oppose your false self righteousness. If it was really a concern, you would be campaigning against every sinner and political party in the race...and that's all of them. You only campaign against Trump. Your protestations of holding someone to a biblical standard ring hollow.

11. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I made a whole thread with a bunch of my homework done on Trump. That was your chance to defend him. I see no need at this point to put any more information out there for you. You can google just like I can. We all know that you are going to vote for Trump, and that I will Never vote for Trump, so you can either defend you man, or accept that my #NeverTrump is Never going to change. I have no illusions that anything I put would change your mind. I'm done doing your homework for you.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In states with open primaries, like South Carolina, it is practically a certainty that Democrats crossed over and voted for Trump. Here are the total number of voters in the SC primaries for the past several elections:

2016 741,000 (winner was Trump with 241,000 votes, 32.5%)
    2012 601,000 (winner was Gingrich with 243,000 votes, 40%)
    2008 431,000 (winner was McCain with 143,000 votes, 33%)

Does it seem likely that there are over 300,000 more GOP voters in South Carolina in just eight years?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Roflmao

Of course.

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I oppose Hillary Clinton. I don't want to see her elected. As far as I know, there are two people on BB that are going to vote for her. Why should I bang on and on about how people should check their consciences before voting for Hillary? There's no audience for that here on BB.

I don't know how many ways I can explain it to you. The GOP has abandoned conservatives. I'm mad at them for doing that. Their candidate is Trump. Naturally, I'm going to talk about my opposition to Trump.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone that votes for Trump can quit calling themselves a conservative.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes between that and the billions of dollars of free air time the press gave Trump, the Dems were able to pick the one opponent able to lose to Clinton. It was well played on their part. The tragic part is that by doing so they have been able to reveal some not so good things about the GOP and its supporters, that will last long past this election.

16. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I accept your surrender on this issue, as you have yet to provide any data to back up your claim.

17. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He won't. He has made that clear. Anything the doesn't fit the current narrative must be destroyed and right now admitting that Dems voted for Trump in the primary doesn't help them since Dems are not abandoning Clinton in droves like they predicted during the primary.

Remember: we have always been at war with Eastasia

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care if you change your mind or not. Really, it does not bother me. By the way many dems still are supporting Trump. What you cannot prove is that the democrat party systematically planned to send their own voters to vote for Trump in order to gain the opponent they wanted. I am still waiting for that evidence from you. Nothing you have posted thus far supports that.

Hillary cannot beat Trump. Trump will win huge. There is much more to come out about Hillary and as it stands right now young and liberal millennials are not committed to her. She is seen, by a wide range of people to be dishonest and a liar. Her current numbers are falling like a hot rock.

Further, Trump is not a liberal, he is not a conservative, he is an opportunist. He looks for any and every opportunity to gain influence and money. He has given money and hob knobbed with dems, repubs and everyone else. He has no loyalty to anyone but himself. I agree with you that we need to oppose him. However, we need to do it soberly.

19. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

During the primaries RCP showed Clinton beating Cruz in a general election. LINK

RCP polls showed Clinton beating Bush in a general election. LINK

They showed Clinton defeating Romney in a general election. LINK

Clinton could wind up winning the election, but there's no indication that the other GOP candidates would have won head to head against Hillary.

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, that was in April at the tail end of the primary cycle, after Trump had won a bunch of east coast states. They show Clinton leading Cruz by an average of 5.4%.

Here's what the Clinton vs. Trump polls looked like for the same time frame:

Trump vs Clinton Polls.JPG

And here are the Clinton vs. Cruz polls in February:

Cruz over Hillary Polls.JPG

No indication, huh? Here are the Kasich vs. Clinton polls:

Kasich vs Clinton polls.JPG

And here are the Rubio vs. Clinton polls

Rubio vs. Clinton.JPG

Here are the Clinton vs. Trump polls.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...ral_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html#polls

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.