1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Was Judas Remorseful

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, May 24, 2012.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is interesting to me about this thread is I have been thinking all week about Judas and have almost posted the question of why did he hang himself.

I have not given it a lot of thought but have been thinking about this in the context of say someone who is hooked on drugs or in deep depression who takes their own life. I know some who grew up in church and this happened not the suicide part but the other who have prayer earnestly about it and yet still can not stop. I can see where they lose hope and would might kill themselves and I wondered if this took place with Judas. He could not forgive himself.

What think you all or ya'll where I am.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and there it is.

Judas had neither the authority or the capacity to forgive himself. We can no more forgive ourselves than we can justify ourselves. Yet people try to do both daily.

Depression and despair over personal sin and/or poor choices will eat people alive. Forgiving themselves is impossible. Taking the problem to the LORD and allowing Him to forgive and cleanse is the only way to experience true release that comes from being forgiven. That's why it is called grace and mercy.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, a conscience void of offence toward God and men, priceless.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe when sin and grace are involved it is the capacity to believe in the forgiveness of God.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will agree with that. :thumbs: