1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why was "Pure Word of God" closed

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by newlady3203, Jun 12, 2003.

1. newlady3203

newlady3203 New Member

I don't understand why "Pure Word of God" topic was closed. There are many other topics throughout BB that have gone on and on and have not been closed.

I am new here and just was wondering why it was closed.

I still believe what I believe and will continue to stand firm on my foundation of rock.

Why I believe as someone asked..........God Said It, I Believe It and that is enough for me.

2. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maam, my co-Moderator and I decided to put a page limit on those threads that are reduced to the same old argument. It seems every thread started in this forum turns into a KJV-vs-MV dogfight. It would be different if some new material were being presented, but it usually isn't. Both sides use the same arguments thread after thread.

I would add that if God said it, that settles it whether we believe it or not.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Finally ... someone who can show us where "God said it." We have been waiting for this. Now that you are here, please show us where God said that the KJV is the only Word of God in English, or even where God said it is the best word of God. Please keep in mind that we are interested in, to use your own words, where God said it. We really don't care about what anyone else says since our authority is the Scriptures. Also keep in mind that we want to see where God said these things about the KJV.

Thanks ... looking forward to hearing from you.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deleted because we were piling on...

[ June 12, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Scott J ]

5. BrianT

BrianT New Member

I'd be satisfied to just know *when* he said it.
    [​IMG]

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Great, but God said it in Hebrew and Greek, not English.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Johnv's comments are a perfect example of why we have to delete posts, close threads, etc.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Say, Tom and PastorBob, can't imagine where THIS thread is headed, can we? :rolleyes:

Is there nothing else to discuss? My oh my, I feel the love! [​IMG]

9. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Aw, come on Dr. Bob:
    Do you really know where the thread is going?
    Perhaps this thread will provide me with the Scripture to support KJV-Onlyism that I have asked for time and time again.

[​IMG]

10. Bartholomew

Bartholomew New Member

You anti-KJVOs may laugh, but YOU never give scripture that states your position, either. :( :rolleyes: Go on: show me where the Bible says we should use Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus to find out better what the originals said. Or show me where God promised to preserve his word only in imperfect manuscripts. Or show me where he said only the originals were perfect. You demand proof for our side of the argument that you cannot offer for your own. Laugh all you like, but it won't make your position true.

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

We have given Scripture many times that supports our position. You simply are unwilling to have Scripture be your real final authority. You like to talk about it in theory but when the rubber meets the road, you bail out in a hurry.

We are not insisting that you use any particular manuscript or that you hold our position. We are merely wishing that you, like ourselves, be driven by the authority of Scripture. You are unwilling to do that. That is unfortunate.

12. Baptist in Richmond

Originally posted by Bartholomew:
    &gt;&gt;You anti-KJVOs may laugh, but YOU never give scripture
    &gt;&gt;that states your position, either. Go on: show me where
    &gt;&gt;the Bible says we should use Codex Sinaiticus
    &gt;&gt;and Codex Vaticanus to find out better what the
    &gt;&gt;originals said. Or show me where God promised to preserve
    &gt;&gt;his word only in imperfect manuscripts. Or show me where he
    &gt;&gt;said only the originals were perfect. You demand proof for our
    &gt;&gt;side of the argument that you cannot offer for your own. Laugh
    &gt;&gt;all you like, but it won't make your position true.

See what I mean Dr. Bob?
    I am not the one espousing this doctrine, but I am the one who must provide Scripture to refute Bartholomew's Unscriptural belief.

Let me try this again Bartholomew:
    There is NO SCRIPTURE to support your KJV-Onlyism. One more time, THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE TO SUPPORT YOUR KJV-ONLYISM. If your belief is not supported by Scripture, then the Scripture to refute your KJV-Onlyism can be found in the book of Galatians. Additionally, if you are REALLY using the Authorized Version as I do, there are several passages in Ecclesiasticus that you should consult.
    Once again, you have failed to provide any Scripture to support your KJV-Onlyism. Because I am not the one who extols KJV-Onlyism, it is not up to me to refute your statements when you cannot give us one Verse to support your argument. However, since your belief is not supported by Scripture, then I would contend that Galatians 5:8 is my Scriptural basis for my belief that God didn't need King James, and His Word can be found in several versions of the Bible.

13. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah it is kinda funny that this is an open discussion forum EXPECT when someone doesn't want it to be!

Usually the KJV threads die out quickly because they are so boring, heat and no light, so let them go and die out quit being so heavy-handed

14. Baptist in Richmond

Originally posted by go2church:
    &gt;&gt;Yeah it is kinda funny that this is an open discussion forum
    &gt;&gt;EXPECT when someone doesn't want it to be!

:confused:
    I'm sorry, I don't follow you here: who didn't want it to be an "open discussion?" Nothing prohibited you from posting to this "open discussion."

&gt;&gt;Usually the KJV threads die out quickly because they are so
    &gt;&gt;boring, heat and no light, so let them go and die out quit being
    &gt;&gt;so heavy-handed

I am not sure to whom you are referring, so who is being "heavy-handed?" You are more than welcome to show us the Biblical Support for KJV-Onlyism.

15. Bartholomew

Bartholomew New Member

I am not the one esposing the doctrine that God only preserved his word imperfectly; or that we should use the Geneva Bible; but I am the one who must provide Scripture to refute Baptist in Richmond's Unscriptural beliefs.
    Let me try this again Baptist in Richmond: The is NO SCRIPTURE to support your God-didn't-perfectly-preserve-his-word-ism; or your the-Geneva-Bible-is-really-good-ism. One more time, THERE IS NO SCRIPUTRE TO SUPPORT YOUR GOD-DIDN'T-PERFECTLY-PRESERVE-HIS-WORD-ISM; or your THE-GENEVA-BIBLE-IS-REALLY-GOOD-ISM
    If your belief is not supported by Scripture, then the Scripture to refute your God-didn't-perfectly-preserve-his-word-ism and the-Geneva-Bible-is-really-good-ism can be found in the book of Galations.
    Once again, you have failed to provide any Scripture to support your God-didn't-perfectly-preserve-his-word-ism; or the-Geneva-Bible-is-really-good-ism. Because I am not the one who extols God-didn't-perfectly-preserve-his-word-ism, or the-Geneva-Bible-is-really-good-ism, it is not up to me to refute your statements when you cannot give us one Verse to support your argument.

16. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has reached an all new level of worthlessness. Let's see if we can get at least one thread going with civil, adult discourse. Is it possible?