1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why! Why! Why!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My answer was to why they are provided the legal privileges of citizens. I'm opposed to it, BTW.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

I am not sure of all the reasons that went into this decision, but the liberal mindset plays a big part into it.

The liberals are nothing more than 60s hippies dressed in suits and ties. They still believe things like "what if there was a war and nobody came". You know, they believe if everybody just sat around the campfire, held hands and sang, all the world's problems would go away.

They have a humanistic mindset that believes man is really good and can solve all his problems without God. Very few even believe in God.

Obama believes he can convince the Muslims that we are nice folks just like them. He has apologized for our war-mongering, for trying to change their values, and all the many evils we are guilty of.

So, he is going to give them a nice public trial with lawyers. The U.S.A. will be exposed for the awful villians we are. The world will see that Obama is different from past American administrations. He is smart, he is peaceful, he knows how to bring everlasting peace to the world. He is going to fix evil America who has been exploiting these nice Muslims and other nice people of the world. He is not afraid to confess our great evil. He's going to change all that.

With Obama and his cronies in charge, these guys could very likely not only get off, we might have to pay them damages for falsely imprisoning them and violating their civil rights.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. The answer is blowin' in the wind." - Bob Dylan

Just couldn't resist posting that after playing a bluegrass version of that song by Dolly Parton With Nickel Creek on my show this morning. :)

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Bingo!!!!!

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Pirates years ago were not given due process but hung on the spot. The same treatment should be given to terrorists. They don't deserve the protection of the US Constitution, due process, etc. A military rifle execution squad is the only answer for such activity.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Due process - military court or otherwise - must be given. This is the United States. We are not barbarians like the members of al Qaeda are.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark my words.

Someday in the future Sheik Mohammad will walk out of a US court a free man.

Laughing all the way.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'll eat those words some day in the future.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sincerely hope so.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    +1 :thumbs:

11. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

That could happen if he is acquitted. What if he were acquitted by a military commission? Would that be any better? Oh, you're a right winger who doesn't believe in justice, you just want a kangaroo court. I'm with KenH, we have to give due process.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Justice is defined by the US Constitution in this country. Obviously you do not know the difference between an enemy and a criminal. You do not understand the difference between a US citizen, and one who is not.

What on earth makes you think that a foreign national is entitled to due process? Try taking a high school US government course.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Agreed...but we have no business giving non-citizens what the US only promises to citizens.

Military court, all the way.

14. targus

targus New Member

No doubt the first arguement from the defense will be that he was not read his Miranda Rights when taken into custody.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Due process has already been guaranteed by Congress thru the Military Commissions Act of 2006. Holder is an idiot making political decisions on legal matters. "Due process" has nothing to do with it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703683804574533622533459520.html?mod=djemEditorialPage

Coming soon to a civilian courtroom blocks from Ground Zero: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the four other al Qaeda planners of 9/11. Be sure to get your tickets early, and don't forget to watch out for the truck-bomb barricades and rooftop snipers.

Attorney General Eric Holder, who dropped this legal bomb on New York yesterday, called his decision to move their trial on war crimes from a military courtroom at Guantanamo Bay to American soil "the toughest" he has had to make. Other words come to mind. For starters, intellectually and morally confused, dangerous and political to a fault.

SNIP

Mr. Holder expressed confidence that KSM and the rest will be convicted, but it is telling that he also delayed filing formal charges. Will KSM be formally charged with the 9/11 murders, or merely with "material support" for terrorism or some lesser offense? The specific charges may depend on how much evidence is admissable in a civilian courtroom.

#35 carpro, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2009
  16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

He is to be given all the rights of a US citizen. Since he was not read his Miranda rights it is entirely possible that a Federal Judge could dismiss all charges. Frankly I am not sure this would be a problem for Obama and some of his ilk.

17. OldRegular

You are correct! As I said in an earlier post a Federal judge could possibly dismiss all charges.

18. OldRegular

I am afraid the answer is presented in the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28

19. OldRegular

I don't believe that Holder made the decision without Obama's approval.

20. OldRegular

I believe the Geneva Convention applies only to legal combatants, in uniform, not terrorists.