1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why would anybody want to be a pastor

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by g'day mate, Feb 23, 2003.

1. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

This is a calling from God.

Besides preaching the Word of God, it would be a great honor to watch over the Lord's flock.

2. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

Pastoral ministry is a call from God. When I surrendered to preach in July 2002, it was like God had lit a fire in my heart. I could not quench it. I had all of the reasons not to do it. Comfortable job in a career I truly love. My wife, when we were dating, made it clear she would never be a preacher's wife.... I am 37, studying through Seminary Extension, working full time, interning with the pastoral staff at my church, running children's ministries, and have a family that home schools. busy, busy, busy.... I could be full of excuses. But, when God put the burning, churning, need into my heart, There was no denying, no turning away (and I tried to ignore His call)from it. I had to ask the pastor to pray for me. I ended going forward formally the next Sunday. That following month the church offered me an (unpaid)internship. Ministering as His servent is something He calls us to do. It is not optional. ( see Jonah and Moses and Paul for examples) It is not about financial or any other desire for me but to please Him, my Lord and Master. One of the biggest benefits is the growth I have seen in my family. My wife and daughters are so much closer to Him than before. And I feel so much more peace in the core of my being than evr before. I just live to please Him.