1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why would Paul tell Christians not to do sins they are incapable of doing?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by IfbReformer, Feb 23, 2007.

1. His Blood Spoke My Name

You can use all the Scripture you want. But when you take it out of context, you are wrong.

You tell me that I don't use OT, and yet I quoted from Psalms and from Micah verses that clearly show my sins I committed before Salvation have been removed and I cannot commit them again.

His Spirit convicted me of those sins and I no longer commit them.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Show me where David committed adultery and murder after Nathan revealed his sin to him.
    Show me where Peter denied Christ again after the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
    Show me where Paul persecuted the church and committed murder after Jesus blinded him on the Damascus road.
    James denied Christ, but after his conversion became the leader of the church in Jerusalem.
    There is willfull sin (unto death) and there is sin of ignorance.

Jesus said: "Father forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

Later at Pentacost, the same people are listening to Peter preach:
    Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, shall we do?"

Now, they are aware of their sin. Rejecting Christ as this point would be willful.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Be filled with the Holy Spirit. Why is that a command if the Holy Spirit is already indwelling the believer?
    Grieve not the Holy Spirit. Why is that a command if the Holy Spirit is already indwelling the beleiver?
    Quench not the Spirit. Why is that a command if the Holy Spirit is already indwelling the believer?
    Ananias and Sapphira lied to the Holy Spirit. They were indwelt by the Spirit. How is that possible?

Your theology is flawed. Just because a believer is indwelt by the Holy Spirit doesn't make him sinless. It is not the Holy Spirit that sins, it is you. Don't blame the Holy Spirit for the sin you choose to commit. You sin because you want to, and you do sin! whether you say you do or not. You are not perfect.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

4. His Blood Spoke My Name

The heart of man is wicked, but once man comes to Christ and allows Him to be Lord and Savior of his life, that heart is no longer the heart of man. It belongs to Christ.

Old things are passed away... that includes the old man's sins.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your conclusions then:
    David was not saved before Nathan spoke to him.
    David did not sin willfully before Nathan spoke to him.
    David didn't know that he was committing adultery before Nathan spoke to him.
    David could sin any sin he wanted to because Nathan hadn't spoke to him yet.

What kind of theology is that?

David was still called a man after God's own heart before that time and went ahead with committing adultery and murder, in spite of being chosen of God.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Once a man comes to Christ he has the option of submitting himself to Christ or submitting himself to his own sinful desires. Submitting himself to Christ does not come automatically. One is not made a snless Christian with never a desire to sin, and never committs another sin after he saves. You have been badly duped if you believe that. And your religion is full of lies if that is what you preach. Every Christian sins. That is the provision that 1John 1:9 and 1John 2:1 is there for. We sin. God tells us to confess our sin. We need to do that on a daily basis to restore our fellowship with him, not our salvation, but our fellowship.

7. His Blood Spoke My Name

I never said one is sinless after coming to Christ. I said, one does not commit the same sins after coming to Christ.

I cannot go back to my destructive lifestyle, for God took those desires away.

I cannot go back to stealing, God took that away too.

I cannot go back to cursing, to lying, etc. God's Spirit that is in me will not allow me to. When satan reminds me of my past, God says what past?

What sins are you talking about? I don't remember them any more.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I believe you have just lied right here on BB. You should repent.
    You lied before salvation, and if you are honest with yourself and with God, you will admit that you still tell the occasional lie. Every Christian does. Every man is a liar (Romans 3:4). Only God is true. The verse is comparing the attribute of God being "true" to man being imperfect, a liar. Jesus said, "I am..the truth." God alone is truth. He cannot lie. Man, whether saved or not, does lie. If you deny this (as you have done), you simply build upon the lies that you have already told. You dig a pit for yourself.

9. His Blood Spoke My Name

I have not lied since God convicted me some time back of not saying 'If the Lord is willing...' before telling someone I would go somewhere.

I do not appreciate your false accusations. You live nowhere near me and do not know me in person and it is wrong of you to accuse me of lying.

When God convicts me of a sin, I do not hold on to that sin as some may.

Show me in Scripture where David, Abram, Noah, or any other who committed a sin and then turned from it and then committed it again.

When the Lord said in Ezekiel 18 that man was to 'Repent, and turn from his transgressions' He did not mean have a change of heart about them but do them again.

10. His Blood Spoke My Name

The problem is, you are trying to place me in the same category as you...

Because you struggle with certain sins, you already admitted you lied since your profession of faith', you automatically want to say everybody lies. In your own mind, this justifies your own thoughts that 'we all lie because the Bible says we do' when the Bible says no such thing.

Oh, it says it if you read it out of context, or twist its meaning.

Your statement that 'all men are liars' is just as wrong as if I had said because 'A' made a profession of faith and then went out and killed 'B'... then 'C'ff are all murderers.

Makes no sense at all.

We shall all give account for our own sins, not 'A's or 'B's.

11. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Ok eagle, Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
    Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. Now if you study real hard you will find Gen. 6 comes before Gen.9.

Gen 12:7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him. Gen 12:8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, [having] Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD. Again, this passage comes before vs.13!

There is too many passages of Scripture to mention where David called on God as well as Peter. Your argument doesn't hold water. A Christian is "capable" of committing any sin an unsaved person can committ.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I sincerely hope that you are in the same category as me--a born again Christian--otherwise you are in serious trouble.

Are you better than Paul? In Romans chapter 7, Paul devotes an entire chapter to his struggel with sin, and you say that you don't. You seem to be struggling with the sin of hypocrisy and pride. But it is easy to pretend to be someone you are not when at the other end of a computer thousands of miles away.
    It says what read out of context? You will have to be more specific. I can't read your mind.
    Don't accuse me of murder. The Bible clearly says: "Let God be true, but every man a liar." I take the Bible at face value. If you want to deny it, that is up to you. There is more than one place in the Bible where it says that man lies.
    Yes, all of them. The wicked, vile, evil sins that God hates. They are wicked in God's sights. God cannot stand the sight of any sin. And you are not free from committing sin.

13. His Blood Spoke My Name

Did Paul say the sin he struggled with was the same sin he was saved from?

No!

Try again.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your memory is that good. If you can remember every word that you have said since you have been said, and can honestly say that you have never deceived anyone with your words, you must be a perfect man.

James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
    --Often we sin through lies or anger. Both are sins. Either way our words hurt and offend. We sin. James spends the entire third chapter on the sins of the tongue. If you haven't sinned with your tongue, he says, you are perfect in your day to day walk. And that is an impossiblity. Once you say you are perfect, according to John, you call Christ a liar, and the truth is not in you (1John 1:8,10).
    I quote Scripture. I only know you by the Word of God. Here is what Paul said:

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
    --You are right, I don't know you--after the flesh--but I do know according to the words that you post, and as I compare them to Scripture. Jesus says to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees (this is an example). The disciples may not have known the Pharisees on a personal basis. They were to compare what they said (their doctrine (leaven) with the Scriptures. Their doctrine was false doctrine, and thus referred to as leaven. I don't have to know you on a personal basis to compare what you say with the Scriptures.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

But you do sin. You just admitted it. I never said anything about holding on to it. Yes, we need to confess our sin, and a Godly Christian will, such as David and Peter did. But the fact remains they did sin.
    We have all showed you where they have sinned. Christians sin. Godly Christians will repent afterward. I am not speaking about that part of it with you. I am speaking of the fact that Christians do sin. They are capable of sin. And you deny that they are capable of sin, though now you seem to be acknowledging it.
    The fact is that there was sin for them to repent from. This was believing Israel, God's chosen people. Just as they sin, so do believers today sin. You cannot get around the fact that we have a sin nature and are prone to sin.

15. His Blood Spoke My Name

Let's look at this fact. Those that say where John said 'That which is born of God cannot sin' means cannot continue in sin.

Well, if God convicts you of sin (lying, stealing, coveting, etc), and confess that sin but commit the same sin later on (lying, stealing, coveting, etc.) you have not turned from your transgressions, but have in fact continued in them.

16. His Blood Spoke My Name

sorry, DHK...

Offending is not the same as lying.. For instance you are offended that I can say without a shadow of doubt that I will not commit the same vile sins I turned from when I came to Christ.

But I did not lie.

Try again.

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yes, I believe. I told the Lord so around 34 years ago and He helped me overcome my iniquities.

The question is DHK; is do you believe this one??

Eze 18:24¶But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, [and] doeth according to all

the abominations that the wicked [man] doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned:

in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

18. His Blood Spoke My Name

Did I say you? NO! I said some. Go bact and read

Try again.

19. His Blood Spoke My Name

That is not what I said. I said show me where they turned from a sin and then committed that same sin.

Try again.

You guys really don't get it, do you.

Did God cast your sins far from you when you came to Him or not? If He did, how can you continue in them?

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

His Blood Spoke My Name

Debating with you is a joke.
    I quote you word for word with your actual words in quotes.

And then you have the arrogance to come and deny it, and say: Read again, that is not what I said. or Try again, that is not what I said.
    What is the use when you don't believe the very words that you posted?

I give up? It's useless. :BangHead: :tonofbricks: