1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why would someone

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by agedman, Sep 10, 2021.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would some enjoy the benefits of the polio, diphtheria, tetanus, and other such vaccines, yet reject and oppose the COVID vaccine?

I just have a lack of understanding this phenomenon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The government didn’t politicize those vaccines.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the government did and does take any opportunity to bolster its own entrenchments.

There were not TV rating, but radio and newspapers thrived.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thinking is that it was developed very quickly and many had doubts about it.

The US Dep of Vet Affairs states it normally takes about 10 years for the FDA to approve a drug.
    So the Chinese virus shot was approved in less than a year- I can understand the concern of some people.

Here is the VA link: How Long Before a Drug is Approved by the FDA? - HIV

5. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact that the vaccine, despite what they say, has not been fully vetted. The process was rushed. It is a new technology. We do not know the long-term effects. Anyone that says we know long-term impact of the vaccine is a liar. It is impossible to know the long-term effects for a drug out less than one year.

The risks of the vaccine with complicating heart issues are real. If you don't believe me, read the insert. It also says it may not protect recipients. We already know that is true. I personally know two vaccinated individuals with COVID right now.

The side effects from the vaccine are a lot of the same symptoms of Covid itself. So why on earth would I get a vaccine that is not effective, makes you sick, and has not been studied for long-term effects?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reformed - I basically agree with you - BUT for the most part - the shot is effective.
    Yes, there has been poor results on some, but in the overall picture, it apparently has saved
    many from the Chinese Virus as well as death.

As you said - it has not been totally vetted- and for that reason - I do understand why some do NOT want the shot.
    Here in Syracuse, the Police Union (and I think the nurses union) have come out against the mandating of the shot.
    Thus they are not opposed to a member getting a shot - just opposed to being required to take it. This is one time I do agree with the union.
    The police union here has said if the mayor requires the shot - then many will leave the force and currently the SPD is short as it is.

Personally, Mrs Salty and I have both had the shot ( We both had the "double dose) Nether of us had any side effects.

I see it as the same as seatbelts - Some people have died because they were wearing a seatbelt - but overall, your chances of surviving a collision are much higher when wearing a seatbelt.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t know the shot is effective. They lied about the number of cases. They continue to hide info. Ever read the sheet that comes in the box with the shot? You know the one that gives you all the info about the shot to include side effects?

it’s practically empty. The covid tests can’t tell the difference between covid and the flu. So by the way don’t tell me this isn’t like the flu . It’s exactly like it. People are dying from both. The test doesn’t know the difference.

deaths have been exaggerated by marking those who died with covid as those who died of covid.

The biggest problem most of all when the government is trying to force you to do it then I don’t trust it. Especially the dems. Freedom is more important than all the health and safety in the world. The lack of freedom is the most dangerous thing in the world.

the minute you challenge my freedom you have my back to the wall. Not a good place to put a Marine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't take any of them when they were a year old.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    your so called lack of understanding appears to be a choice rather than an actual inability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both my wife and I have had both shots and will soon take the booster.

All around us folks have had COVID and although exposed, we have been blessed.

I disagree with your thinking that the COVID test cannot distinguish between it and the flue, but because neither of us are professionals in that fImelda, you could be as right as me.

thing I do know is that if you get covid, it is too late to take the vaccines, until you survive and the antibodies begin to wain. That is why even those who have had the covid are still encouraged to get the vaccines.

Weren’t the vaccines were developed under the republican leadership, not democratic?

11. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do understand the lack of trust toward the Federal governments.

There will soon come a day when standing for truth found in Scriptures will be not only ignored, mocked, but physically rebuffed.

12. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because what else is free from the government? :)

13. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The shots were not vetted

the shots do not work. First, you needed one, then 2, then 3. This coming week, you will hear that you will need 4. The Israelis just upped the number to 4.

presumably, they will need to be reupped every 6 months even though they do not work

everyone in government is on the take. Yes, heavily invested in medical stock and technology. 8 of 11 directors of the NIH/CDC are invested heavily in the scam known as Covid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And, remember when the government went Tuskegee experiment? Do you really trust them? Seriously.

the govt that has lied about Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and the Taliban! Do I need to mention more?

I can

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Text
    Battleground to 71307

she will set you straight real quick

16. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the govt that is stealing out freedom and rights

and getting ready to impose Covid passports like Goebbels and Hitler did in Germany

and eventually wants to disarm America

Really?

I dare you to text battleground to 71307

this is a huge magic trick, Covid is the distraction for the main event which is taking away your rights as an American citizen

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it doesn’t matter who it was developed by. I’m not a mindless sheep where our government is concerned. If you feel the need to get the shot good for you. More power to ya.

I had covid in Jan. Since then I’ve been around a couple of people with covid in close proximity. Didn’t get it again.

it’s a verified fact that the test cannot tell the difference between the flu and covid. It’s been all over the news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And, part of the main event is what China is doing and has done and is planning to do under this administration

20. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You are correct. I am in the Covid business