1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why would you want this license plate?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, May 22, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes!:thumbs:

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    South Carolina has had them for a few years now. I don't think we have that option in North Carolina. I'd have one!

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

We have options in Ky, and yes I'd take one if they were available here.

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Wow! When I lived in IN we had a green license plate with the state govĀ“s web address written on it. I thought that was rather cheesy to say the least.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I sure haven't seen it in NC. I'd get one for sure!

7. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Tennessee also has had such a plate for at least 2-3 yrs. They cost more than the standard issue plate because the proceeds go to a group that's dedicated to the preservation of the American Eagle.

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I would pay extra to get one if we had them in IL, unfortunately, we don't. :(

9. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think I would get one.

I certainly trust in God, but I don't think our country does (or ever has) as a whole.

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would not get one. This is mixing government and religion and I am for total separation of church and state. It is the same reason I do not like to see a Christian flag on one side of a church and the national flag on the other side. It sends the wrong message, i.e. We put our faith in the State as well as in God.

Render unto God that which is God's and unto Caesar that which is Caesar's ... but don't mix the two!

Too many have their Christianity and their culture and government confused and mixed up together.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Think this plate will help Christians drive like Christians :) ?

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

We should be driving like Christians anyway with or without the plate . . .

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sorry, one of my feeble attempts at humour :)

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are? You think churches should not be subject to government building codes, and have government inspectors come in to record them on government files as passing or failing? You don't think churches should be connected to government water and sewer lines? You don't think government sanitation trucks should poick up a church's refuse, that the church should burn or otherwise dispose of it in some non-governmental way? You don't think if a criminal suspect runs onto church property that the government-arranged police cannot apprehend him there, and he is safe as long he stays there? and if the church doens't want him there the church itself-- not the governmental police-- must forcibly eject him?

Total separation of church and state is such nonsense the term is dispicable.

15. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The building is not the church I am speaking of and if you do not realize this there is no hope for you.

Services are not the church and you know this also.

This has nothing to do with the State controlling the church, the real church. This is law enforcement, but the church should agree to the entry by the police first. Sanctuary is centuries old and has protected many innocent people from corrupt governments and police. Do you now know this?

Do you really have such a small knowledge of what the real church is and why it must always keep itself separated from government? Have you taken no history classes? Have you no knowledge of the evils governments have forced on churches in many countries where there is no separation of church and state? Do you want the government telling you how to run and operate your church? I don't think you do.

Look at Europe and see what has happened to the church there because of state interference.

Look at Centeral and Eastern Europe and see what has happened there because of the state.

Do you know know anything about early American history and the fight Baptist lead for separation of church and state? Why the fought so hard?

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
    George Santayana,
    The Life of Reason, Volume 1, 1905

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alright, then, who decides what materials are used in the building, how many exits it has and where? The church or the state? And, man, it's such gut-wrenching feeling to be hopeless.

That's right; they are the state.

And if the church refuses? Then suddenly church and state are combined-- or must the police simply leave, knowing a suspect is there?

Yep; in fact, I knew it before, bud.

I'll take a wild guess and say the church is the assembly of believers, and ignore your insults about "small knowledge." But it's still true if they are totally separate, the state does not tell the church anything it must do regarding anything.

quote]Have you taken no history classes?[/quote]

No; I have not taken no history classes.

Yes; that church in Chicago where g-men were sent in to destroy its building because it violated their doctrine to be an agent of government and deduct taxes from its paid staff.

No-- no inspectors, no police questioning, no agent coming in to destroy the premises.

I looked eastward, but Europe seems to be below the horizon from here.

Those locations are even further below the horizon. But its notable the communist governments installed there did flatly declare separation of church and state.

Well, everybody seems to say Baptist like to fight, and I guess they're right. [Yeah, I 'know know' all about that.]

17. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

What does it matter what we have on our license plates? We get them from the government anyway, along with our driver's license. Insurance, seat belts, child seats, and the thickness of the tread on our tires are mandated by the government.

It's too late to pull out. The church building is about the only thing that has protection from the government (and that is in spiritual matters)...which is why 'separation of church and state' was implemented in the first place. It has nothing to do with our personal life and obeying the laws of the land.

When we built our new church, the members built it, but we still had to go by state codes and have it inspected by the state.

18. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Oh Roger, I know, but I couldn't help myself. I don't understand why some are maniacs behind the wheel.
    :wavey: