1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why's it matter people?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, Oct 2, 2005.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

hello everybody!

just thought i'd contribute a little on the "rapture" as ya'll call it... although that word is not in the bible whatsoever...

why the heck worry about it? who cares when it is, how it'll happen, what season, what year, what... whatever? we don't have a clue whatsoever when it'll happen... if we say it'll be in the summer of whatever? ya, it won't happen in that summer. bible says (don't know the exact passage) Jesus will come when we least expect it. think about that for a second.

we go on debating when we think the second coming and "rapture" will happen by looking at the references to it in revelation and in the epistels and gospels... even the old testament. we don't have a clue when it'll happen. we are on God's time. He's not on ours.

What does it matter how it'll happen? Jesus will come in all God's Glory. period. what other way will he come? i mean, it's second coming people! c'mon now!

if we end up goin' through the tribulation (which we deserve as much as the non-christians...) then so be it. all i'm goin' to worry about is the nature of my relationship with God. keeping my faith and building it and growing towards Him more and more. and learning to use God's armour to protect the faith God's given me. and to protect everything i have learn'd from my Savior.

so why debate about when the 'rapture' will happen, or how it'll happen? whatever way we think it'll happen... it won't happen that way...

bible also says : 'people in those days will say 'where is the promise of his coming?'' thessalonians i think. i kinda shorten'd the verse alittle.

just a little thought of mine i thought of contributing.

you got any thoughts on this? please, respond back. i'd love to hear it all.

I'll let the Lord run my life, and not worry what's gonna come at me, 'cuz i know God's gon' be there to help out. I will stay strong... 'cuz life sucks if we dont stay strong.

have a great day everybody.
    :D

2. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

What if the Rapture doesn't happen at Pre-Trib, and it happens at Mid-Trib(For example)...Will that affect some people's faith, who are so totally focused on being "Raptured"? It is an interesting topic to be sure, but some have almost turned it into another "Personal Faith"...

I believe the Rapture will happen Pre Trib, but because that is what I believe does that influence what God does in any way? [​IMG] I'm here irregardless what happens...! If I'm Raptured Great, and if I die before hand, alrighty then...if somehow I miss the Rapture, Jesus Christ will still be King and Lord to me! [​IMG]

Only Christ Saves!

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't think the debate is about WHEN the rapture happens as in "July 26 or July 27". Rather it is a debate over the instruction given IN the Bible about the SEQUENCE of events at the end of time.

For example - can the SEQUENCE Christ gives in Matt 24 be trusted?

The Post Trib Rapture people will say "yes" absolutely? Others will insist that Christ gives the wrong sequence for WHEN the rapture occurs in Matt 24.

Another example - in Rev 20 John claims that the resurrection of the righteous that marks the start of the 1000 years is the FIRST resurrection.

Is John correct? Is that resurrection of the dead in Christ in Rev 20 the SAME one we see Paul pointing us to in 1Thess4? Is it really The FIRST resurrection? Is it really THE resurreciton of the DEAD in Christ? The righteous? The holy and blessed ones over whom the 2nd death has no power?

The post trib rapture people will say a loud "YES". But others will not.

Hence the debate/discussion etc.

In 1 Peter 1:13 we are told to "Fix our hope COMPLETELY on the grace to be brought to you AT The REVELATION of Jesus Christ" -- so is it any wonder Christians FOCUS on that event?

In Christ,

Bob

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    gekko:

You said:
    just thought i'd contribute a little on the "rapture" as ya'll call it... although that word is not in the bible whatsoever...

==That is not a very important point. The term "Bible" or "Trinity" is not in the Bible either. Also the term "caught up" in 1Thess 4:17 is where we get the term "rapture" from. So the teaching is in the Bible even if the term is not. Just like the Trinity.

You said:
    why the heck worry about it? who cares when it is, how it'll happen, what season, what year, what... whatever? we don't have a clue whatsoever when it'll happen... if we say it'll be in the summer of whatever? ya, it won't happen in that summer. bible says (don't know the exact passage) Jesus will come when we least expect it. think about that for a second.

==I think most here will agree that we do not know when Jesus is going to return. However on the issue of the rapture that is not the issue. The issue is best summed up in a question: What does the Bible say about the order of end time events? Ex: will it be (1) rapture (2) tribulation (3) return (4) millennial kingdom (5) eternity? Or will be be (1) tribulation (2) rapture/return (3) millennial kingdom (4) eternity? etc, etc. The issue here is not so much about "when" as it is about order.

You said:
    if we end up goin' through the tribulation (which we deserve as much as the non-christians...) then so be it. all i'm goin' to worry about is the nature of my relationship with God. keeping my faith and building it and growing towards Him more and more. and learning to use God's armour to protect the faith God's given me. and to protect everything i have learn'd from my Savior.

==Christians are saved from the wrath of God (1Thess 1:9-10, 5:9). Since the tribulation is, in fact, the wrath of God I doubt Christians will be on earth during that event.

You said:
    bible also says : 'people in those days will say 'where is the promise of his coming?'' thessalonians i think. i kinda shorten'd the verse alittle.

==The verse you are references has to do with mockers (2Peter 3:3-4) and not any discussion of the nature of end time events.

Btw I don't agree, at all, with your approach to these things. The Holy Spirit has seen fit to put alot of information in the Bible about the end of time and has instructed us to study it (Rev 1:3 etc). That being the case I can't say that we should just ignore these type of discussions. God wants us looking, reading, learning, and trusting.

In Christ,
    Martin.