1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Wiccanism and Witchcraft

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Mar 26, 2016.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never got a response from the witches. Well I can't get into a conversation with everyone.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Undone. And I have no idea how it happened.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's probably better that you didn't and don't. They would probably place curses on you.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are a dominant minority in my area anyways. Perhaps not if I was living in New England however.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not understand why people post a public email address on a site and get offended when someone asks them questions. Perhaps because they only want questions from those that agree with their worldview.

On the streets when I do evangelism I try to be ready to meet and dialogue with anyone, not just those that agree with my worldview.

6. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've done street preaching myself. Keep up the good work, friend.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    To follow on Baptist Believer's wise comments, I would suggest that:

1. What is the difference between you and the Church of Satan? Ditto BB. Satanism is, by and large, an atheistic (and specifically) anti-Christian movement. It may or may not involve "worship" of Satan; its larger goal is to repudiate Christianity. That has been a constant over the centuries; those who would break with Christianity would adopt a reverence for Satan, whether through rationalism and atheism or through alternative religions. Wiccans, having grown up in a society without dogma, see little need to go in your face with Satan.

2. Do you associate or allow fellowship with Unitarian Universalists and if so what is the difference between a Wiccan and a Unitarian? Modern Unitarians believe, generally, in the validity of all spiritual experience. Not all Unitarians are Wiccans, and not all Wiccans are Unitarians (whatever that means). An excellent example of the importance of a robust Christology.

3. What is truth? An open-ended question that I'm sure they could explicate at length.

4. Is Jesus Christ God? Again, as BB said, they probably have no problem with considering Christ as "a god," just as Hindus and adherents of some branches of Buddhism could affirm. (And Jehovah's Witnesses, for that matter.) The stipulation of a single God, alas, is the province of the Abrahamic religions, for the most part.

#27 rsr, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As if the true and living God would be bound or take cognizance and action on the basis of a Wiccan curse.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not totally sure of your meaning, but my fellow counselors and I have to break curses by those involved in witchcraft rather frequently. They don't like us converting their cult members to Christ. If we don't break the curses they will eventually work against us...depending on the type of curse and also our own attitude/behavior and thought life. Sin opens the door for such curses, but out recourse is to break those curses by praying for the blood of Jesus Christ.

10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While there are spiritual realities that many around here have not experienced and don't have the context or worldview to understand, I think it is important to say that Jesus breaks all curses and overcomes all powers.

Just as the power of the evil one should be renounced in the life of a believer (as is done formally in baptisms of other denominations), I have encountered "blood of Jesus" prayers/rituals that are akin to the same kinds of magic condemned in scripture. The words only have power according to the Spirit who is at work in the situation. Moreover, the Spirit is only at work in the situation when one is intent upon making a change in the orientation of their lives (repentance) that may or may not involve sinful practices.

There is a war going on that most people do not directly see. There is a dark reality of personalities and powers that affect the world, opposes the work of the Kingdom, and affects and afflicts believers. But Jesus has overcome all of that and we simply need to live in the present reality of the Spirit with us and deal with things as they come. We have nothing to fear from those practicing secret arts and giving themselves over to destruction for the sake of a bit of earthly power and influence.

11. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for that. My caveat on that however, is that we need to live righteously and obedient so that Satan's curses will not work against us.