1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wife Swap

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ShotGunWillie, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. readmore

readmore New Member

Hello, my fellow CNY resident, I haven't said (and probably won't go out on that limb in public) whether I think Kelly was right or wrong. My post was to see if I could clarify SFIC's and Righteousdude's position, and since they haven't responded, I'll assume I have.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'll check that out Joe and see about it. Thanks

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We Have Yet to Spend the Stimulus

Good for you Donna. You know, no matter what we do, it seems like the rain must fall. I'm sorry about your old stove, but, at least God provided a way to replace it.

Joe is so right....a few years ago, we bought a new stove, microwave, and dishwasher from Sears, and no one told us about a rebate. By the time we found out, it was tooooooo late! We bought a new frig last year, and did not make the same mistake. We did get a rebate from SCE.

As for Amy...Yes, it is a type of prayer. We learned a long while back to plead the blood of Jesus on our house, pets, cars, belongings, etc., and feel that God has provided us with a supernatural covering. However, how you pray is not important; it only matters that you pray in "faith".

Hebrews 1:1-3 "NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, [a]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. For by [faith--trust and holy fervor born of faith] the men of old had divine testimony borne to them and obtained a good report. By faith we understand that the worlds [during the successive ages] were framed (fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose) by the word of God, so that what we see was not made out of things which are visible."

I love that passage, even though I often have a difficult time with my faith. When I begin to struggle and stumble [in the area of faith] I turn to that passage, and it's like a lightening bolt of faith coming down from above. That is why I tell you tha I never question how a believer prays, just that they pray and believe God is more than capable to answer our most intimate needs. PTL!!!:godisgood:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

#203 righteousdude2, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  4. donnA

donnA Active Member

I couldn't find anything on the electric co. web site about rebates. Should I try to call and ask? Why does the electric co give a rebate if you buy a new appliance?

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Cause there is nothing inside of the pretty looking stove. It don't work, just looks good.........:) Those unsaved people you bought it from............;)

BBob,

6. Joe

Joe New Member

Because we are to :D Save the planet

No rebates listed eh? wow

They want us getting rid of all of our old appliances, water heaters, etc...and will often pay us like $25 or more to allow someone to haul them away for us.

They also come to the home offering services for free, unless you are wealthy or slightly above middle class, otherwise they will weatherize your home at no cost. No proof of income needed. They give a free microwave oven, refridgerator (sometimes) insulate the walls and doors, install fire alarms low flow faucets. It's called Project Go.

Sometimes the Men do more for the single mothers, lots more while they are weatherizing their home. So many rich people here, maybe they can't keep busy enough to fulfil an 8 hour day. I have seen them paint houses, fix drains, even cook for old people etc.. very nice, caring gentlemen.

Noticed a $30 rebate on a water heater I installed a few days ago, thank you for the idea.

Most of the time when I purchase a new appliance, it is listed as offering a rebate.

Look here at our Electric Company's website- http://www.pge.com/myhome/saveenergymoney/rebates/remodeling/

Didn't notice any stoves listed weird, maybe I missed it. Or you may wait till next month, they add appliances and allow the rebate to be sent up to 90 days after purchase. Maybe it's simiar to your electric company, I would contact them.

If you locate your oven on the website listed, then I can mail it in for you using my pg&e account (unless the product is to be purchased in Calif, then no) and I'll send you the money immediatey. They always mail their rebates back.

#206 Joe, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  7. donnA

donnA Active Member

I knew I was having a problem with that stove, lol.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Joe, now I know I'm being CHEATED!

9. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

This thread has really turned way off topic...

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off Topic...I Think Not!!!

Sometimes, that happens...but, it was a good turn of events. In a way, it still has to do with the "wife swap" theme, because Donna is probably a wife, and she did "swap" out her old stove! :laugh:

Please forgive me if that was inappropriate...it was just there, and if I didn't say it, Joe or Brother Bob would have:wavey:

Pastor Paul :type:

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

It turned off topic a long time ago.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

LOL, I am a wife, and I did swap, lol.

13. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

Yeah well with all the stuff that has happened in my life my mansion in papradise will probably be the size of a cottage anyway..lol

14. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

At least the other posts had something to offer as far as what is perceived as sinful and its ramifications, but stoves and rebates??

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

In that case then, my first post mentioning the stove was on topic, others responded to my on topic post.
    Whats your problem. This thread hasn't been on topic for quite sometime.
    If you don't like it don't read it.

16. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

You have one of the most argumentative spirits I have ever encounted.

17. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

This thread has drifted way off topic and the rhetoric is now getting a bit heated. So... it is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.