1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will a Christian commit certain sins?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Amy.G, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. His Blood Spoke My Name

Funny, I read when the demoniac was touched by Jesus, that man was found to be clothed and in his right mind.

I have to disagree with you, Lacy... as I have often disagreed with you. When the Holy Spirit convicts a person of sin to the point that that one repents of that sin and accepts Christ, the sin the person had been doing becomes so vile, the person has no desire to turn to that sin again. And the Holy Spirit would not allow that one to return to the same sins, else what was that one saved from?

Christians do sin, but not the same sins they committed before Salvation. They were convicted of those sins, confessed them before a living God who took those sins and cast them into the depths of the sea never to be remembered against that one again.

How can they be in the depths of the sea and still in the heart? The answer... they cannot be in the heart else God's Word is a lie when He says He removed them from us as far as the east is from the west.

And if a person who stole before Salvation stole after Salvation, would it not be correct that that sin would have to be remembered in his life?

Yet the Word says those sins are remembered no more.

Oh, as to Mother Theresa and Ghandi, they were not Christ-like... they just did good. There is a different. Christ-like means not just following Christ, but also living Christ.

#321 His Blood Spoke My Name, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Ok, now this is starting to get really absurd. Christians can sin, as long as they pick new sins?

2 Peter 2:20-22
    20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
    21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
    22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

3. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

Good morning Bro. Bob,

As I was pondering this topic last night, something came to me...

What sins are classified (and by whom are they classified) as these sins unto death that you say a believer can't commit?

Is there a list somewhere in scripture that specifically demonstrates your conclusions?

You have approached every scripture that has been given with the preconception that a believer can't commit such sins. If you did not have that preconception, you could not possibly come to your conclusions.

Max

4. His Blood Spoke My Name

James, that passage does not say the person was saved, only that the person had came to the knowledge of the Lord and Savior.

One can escape the pollutions of the world through the reading of the Word of God.

But this passage is speaking of one who learned of Christ through the reading of the Word and rejected Christ... never allowing Christ to be Lord and Savior.

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

whatever you say

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Does this scripture not prove the point that a person who does the same vile things as an unsaved person, was not really saved to begin with?

This passage is talking about false teachers that do not have the Spirit in them.
    verse 17:
    These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

They do vile things because they do not have the Spirit. If they do not have the Spirit they cannot be saved.

If there are false teachers, there are false Christians.

7. His Blood Spoke My Name

And a hearty Amen, Amy!

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Yes yes, false Christians, false conversion, false belief, false salvation. But yours is the general article. Or is it? If a false Christian can be escaped from the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ... why then you can be a false Christian! What proof would you offer, the fact that you have escaped the polutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Please, anyone can manifest that fruit. No, the only way you can be sure you are saved is to never sin again until you die.

9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Or I guess you could do like HisBlood does and just keep trying new sins, because then at least your not going back to your old vomit, your just eating someone elses.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Good Morning Pastor;
    First there are several lists in the Bible which says such can't go to heaven.

1Corth. 6:
    9: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10: Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    11: And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God

Rev. 21:
    "8": But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The one that you can't go wrong is when you were "born again" God removed that heart of stone and gave you a heart of flesh which contains His Laws and with which you can love your enemies.
    I know that heart will teach you that if you do certain things you will miss Heaven.

Titus 2:

"11": For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

"12": Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

"13": Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

"14": Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

If His Grace is teaching us Pastor, then what else do we need, for it is teaching us what ungodliness is, and do a lot better job than I.

11. His Blood Spoke My Name

Trying new sins? I don't try new sins, James.

If I commit a sin, it is nothing new. There is nothing new under the sun.

Trying new sins implies one sinning on purpose. The true Child of God will not purposefully sin. To purposefully sin one would have to take time to think the sin out. The Holy Spirit would not allow us to do such.

#331 His Blood Spoke My Name, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thats a good one Amy, amen

13. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I don't understand why you continue to misquote the bible, BB. You say that the bible says such and such can't go to heaven, and then throw out a verse like 1cor 6:9, which clearly says something else.

14. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I'm just trying to figure out what you mean by this:
    In my experience Christians are capable of committing every sin they ever committed before and then some.

15. His Blood Spoke My Name

Bob,

You must understand that James comes from a sect that believes inheriting heaven and going to heaven are not the same thing.

Unfortunately, that sect is misled.

16. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Amy my apology. That is what you said. And though that is technically true there are people that think they are saved that think they are following Christ. I would be willing to say that any Mormon or Jehovah Witness that you came across would claim to be following Christ.

But I did mis-speak on your statement, my apology.

Unlike what HBSMN thinks I don't need to twist people's words. If I mis-speak all you have to do is point it out and I will apologize.

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If you don't understand it James then say so but don't attack the scriptures.

1Corth. 6:
    9: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10: Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    11: And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God

Color Code:
    Blue can't go to Heaven.

Red can go because they were washed and sanctified and justified in the name of the Lord and don't do those type of sins anymore.

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

And you continue to show your ignorance and lack of understanding as to what it is that we "actually" believe. You and others do a good job of throwing out statements, which seldom actually represent the truth.

Why don't you just let people ask what we believe and why we believe instead of mis-stating and/or lying about what it is that we believe.

19. His Blood Spoke My Name

Then, they were either not Christian, or God's Word is a lie. For His Word says He took those sins and cast them into the depths of the sea.

If you had a plate in front of you that had your favorite food on it, and you were eating it, and I took that plate away from you and threw it away, how can it be said you still have that plate?

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If this is true then the world should be made known and the Christians should quit acting as if they have something no one else has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.