1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will A Man Rob God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by standingfirminChrist, Jul 13, 2008.

1. nunatak

nunatak New Member

Amen to SFIC , Aresman, and Hankd

2. JerryL

JerryL New Member

http://www.stoptithing.com/articles/morearticles.html

#62 JerryL, Jul 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2008
  3. standingfirminChrist

Thanks for that link, Jerry.

Lays the truth out on the line, doesn't it?

I was just telling my wife last night, "I wonder what would happen if someone got upset because the Church had preached remain under a curse' for many years and then found out the tithe was never money? Some may try to take the Church to court over that!"

Many poor people give thinking God will curse them if they don't and don't realize that the tithe was never money. So they give out of fear, not out of love.

My mother is just such a person. For over 40 years she has 'tithed' to the Church she attends and will not listen to me when I explain what the tithe is. She is programmed to believe it was money and she will be cursed if she doesn't tithe.

She is only one of thousands who are duped into believing they have to 'tithe.'

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Answer to: Will a Man Rob God!

Only if he thinks he can get away with it :laugh:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

5. standingfirminChrist

I encourage all those who want to use Malachi 3:8 as their reason to tithe their money to do a word search for "storehouse" in the Word of God.

You will be surprised to find that the storehouse was never in conjunction with money.

Malachi 3:8 is not a good verse to use to prove God requires tithing of money.

Also, "meat" in Malachi 3 is speaking of food, not coins or paper money.