1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Alberta Secede from Canada?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ben W, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Canada is very sad. If they have not legalized same-sex marriage yet, they are on the verge of it. Many are openly anti-American. Religion is weak. Canadian law has closed churches and imprisoned preachers for preaching that sodomy is a sin. There is little or no military capacity. Socialized medicine has been a great failure and they are forcing American companies to give them unfair prices on medicine under threat of priracy. What has happened is that the American consumer has had to fund the research and development of new drugs for Canada because Canada will not pay that part of the cost of medicine.

Years ago I used to go to Canada to attend a Shakespeare festival. It is a beautiful country but I would not set foot in it today. If I visited Niagara Falls, I would stay on the American side even though the Canadian side is more beautiful. However, the air is freer and cleaner on the side of the USA.

3. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

4. Baptist Bro

Baptist Bro New Member

Oh how I wish Alberta would secede; I would move there in a heart beat.

5. OCC

OCC Guest

"Canada is very sad. If they have not legalized same-sex marriage yet, they are on the verge of it. Many are openly anti-American."

Canada is very sad...many are openly anti-American...???...*sigh* :rolleyes: don't even get on my nerves dude...

6. OCC

OCC Guest

Back to the TOPIC AT HAND that cmg drifted off of...if they want to leave...let em. Canda is Ontario anyway. [​IMG]

7. Baptist Bro

Baptist Bro New Member

Yep. A friend I went to school with in Vancouver used to talk of "going back home to Canada" for school breaks. She meant Ontario.

8. OCC

OCC Guest

LOL Baptist Bro...many people think that. I don't really think it myself though...was just jokin. I hope no provinces leave Canada (well Quebec can if they want). I love Alberta and hope it stays.