1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will GOD Blot us Out of His Book of Life?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Mar 14, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

What does it mean in Revelation that GOD will blot us out of the Book of life?

Does that mean lose of salvation, of rewards, or just saying that "if it was possible" implying that we will NOT be taken out of Book of Life?

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

If one believes in eternal security, then one may hold that the Book of Life is not a list of all saved people.

If that's the case, then what is this book? One view I've heard is that it is a list of all the living, and to be blotted out is a metaphor for dying.

While we're at it, let me post this question. Is there a difference between the Book of Life and the Lamb's Book of Life?

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reply to Jesus Fan

What scripture actually says is God will NOT blot out names in the Lamb's book of Life. It is one of many promises of eternal security. Once a person's name is entered, it will never be blotted out.

And I agree with Tom, the Old Testament "book of life" appears to be the list or register of the living, and so to be blotted out is for God to take that physical life.