1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will God Still Do It?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Dec 20, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I received the following by email. There may be some on this Forum sufficient old to remember. Will God Bless America or has He already Judged US?

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I can remember my parents talking about Kate Smith singing "God Bless America" and the impact she had many times while growing up in the 50s and 60s. The generation at this time had just gone through the fire of the Great Depression, and were about to face another trial called World War 2. This generation was forced to set their priorities and think of someone besides themselves for their ver survival and the survival of the United States. The average person had a purpose to make this a better nation everyday they went to work. They took pride in what they did. They had strong backbones and knew how to look adversity in the face. They had a strong set of morals.

How do we today, some eighty years later compare? Are we worried about our survival? Are we concerned about morals? Do we give any thought to our Creator? Do we think about the welfare of others?

What a joke. We get angered because we were in the McDonalds line too long. We think the world has ended if the internet or cell phones go out. Our eyes are so glued on ourselves we barely notice others. Not one thought of the Lord. Everyone who walks into a restaurant or retail establishment thinks the workers should roll out the red capret before they arrive because they deserve to be treated like the King of England.

Think about how this generation would have fared with the Great Depression and World War 2. God has blessed this nation way beyond what we deserve. He squashed nations in the OT for a lot less. Today, He would not even have to send a disaster. A small one and we would scatter like scared rats.

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

A neighbor had a little round screen TV and I've seen a few times the Kate Smith show. I believe it started with her singing, When The Moon Comes Over The Mountain. Many did do a great job.

My mother use to say the Great Depression did much to reset and help our morals and WWII did the same but in a negative way. This generation if what my mother and father told me is true and what I've read, is much like the 20's. You know self, self, drinking, party, and children born out of wedlock and left with family to raise. Keep in mind many got saved during the Great Depression, knowing the Lord changes people.