1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Will Obama abandon his base finally

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You did ask though. You used the words, "Can we assume." It seems like you need a course in reading comprehension just so you can recall your own posts. I am not trying to start a fight with you man but you can just stay on topic and lay off with the knee jerk combative reactions to someone with a different view. I stand before you ready to be educated and convinced otherwise but you have to put it the effort too. I hate that this country always falls into partisan bickering over every little thing. Why can't we just have opinions on situations on a case by case basis? I don't want to argue with you anymore so meet me halfway and maybe we can get along.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ORB is a board friend of mine, at least I like to think of it that way, but you, my friend, have a good attitude.
    Now, if only you can infect some who like to argue about Calvinism/Arminianism, that'll probably work for good.:thumbsup:

3. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is you who have a good attitude. I did you wrong yesterday and you let me off easier then I deserved. You have earned my respect for that.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am with you. I guess this newcomer is going to straighten us dumb Evangelicals and Fundamentalists out, but I myself don't want to be straightened out. :laugh::laugh::laugh: By the way this terrorist army does know how to fight.

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you dare put words in my mouth. If you have a problem with something I said then come to me. I never called nor implied anyone was dumb. It is highly ironic that I am being told that I need reading comprehension.

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who said that you said anything? I guess that you are going to get us straightened out, huh?

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You explicitly implied that I considered you "dumb Evangelicals and Fundamentalists." Nobody is trying to straighten out anybody. I am trying to have meaningful disucssion. It is proving more difficult than I ever imagined.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

They do know how to fight. However, they have not yet faced an organized resistance, at least in Iraq. It seems the Iraqi army runs when confronted by ISIS. The Kurds are a different matter though. If Obamma had given them the proper weapons they could have stopped what is going on in Northern Iraq. Perhaps someone got through to Obamma since he apparently is now sending weapons directly to the Kurds.

Iraq may eventually wind up like old Joe suggested, partitioned!

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Everything you just said here is 100% spot on. I don't know if the Kurds beating the IS is a sure bet but that is what we are going to find out. The airstrikes have pretty much pinned down IS up north and they are going to end up losing a bunch of the toys they collected from the Iraqi Army. Now we wait and see what the Kurds are made of.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not?

You've been putting words in everyone else's mouth on a routine basis. It appears to be your stock in trade to mischaracterise the remarks of others.

11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me where?

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

carpro
    Use of time
    A complete mischaracterization of a very simply and straightforward remark.

Is nefarious the same as useless?

Blew the lid off watergate ? :laugh:

Come on. Get real. That's a far cry from the statement that it's a useless lie. A statement you agreed with when you said "It is no big secret." That's why it useless.

Are you trying out for drama queen by putting words in other people's mouths?

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talk about drama. Says the guy who instead of discussing the support given to dying Yazidi refugees has decided to make a terrible situation an oppurtunity to take the most useless semantic dig on Obama. You should just get someone to sticky a thread for you so you can go in there and just let loose Obama rants for as long as you want. You see the world in black and white and lack the mental capacity to see things and discuss them on a case by case basis. It is the epitome of narrowmindedness.

You simply can't see the forrest for the trees. What happened this week was a neccessary action. That is all that should matter to you but you simply don't care about that do you? Obama is your obssession not the event in and of itself. You couldn't care less about that.

I refuse to spend another second arguing semantics with you.

#53 Use of Time, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
  14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gobbledegook.

Bottom line.

You said "Don't you dare" put words in your mouth.

The fact that you didn't bother to address the proof you asked for and resort to personal insults says a lot about your honesty.

Instead, you change the subject.

You'll spend lots of time "arguing" anything at all. As long as it's in support of Obama.

We've seen this act before.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't you go tell the Yazidi that you are upset our President had to "lie" to save them.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh please!

Stop with the drama. You're starting to look ridiculous.

Obama lies when the truth will work just fine. Like now.

Got some more insults for me? :thumbs:

17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have zero leg to stand on. You don't want to discuss the action becuase the problem is that it is almost universally agreed that the actions to shore up security at the embassy and provide aid to the Yazidi are the right thing to do; so you are trying to hang your hat on the alleged lie based off of whatever the definition of "boots on the ground" means. Nobody cares about a statement made in June and decision to change policy due to devoloping circumstances. People care about the bigger picture and the risk associated with the IS.

You can go back to pretending that you are outraged by the decision to help out at the folks on the mountain because a promise that you think was made was broken to make that happen. Again, can't see the forrest for the trees. man.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Ronald Reagan would say, "there you go again".

You really need to work on telling the truth.

Not once have I pretended to be outraged by that decision. I haven't mentioned it at all.

That's your spin. Really, now. Work on that truth thing. You're starting to make it a habit to "put words in other people's mouths". Shall I "How dare you?"

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You say that but you are really obssesed by this "useless lie." You a big Reagan fan? Pretty awesome how he pretty much created Al Qaeda isn't it.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. I would have let it go if you hadn't been so obsessed with making the lie stand up.

Really big fan of his leadership abilities and his communication skills... and the quote fit. Does that bother you?

Are you really just another Obama apologist?