1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will only the pure in heart see God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Brother Bob, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I agree wholeheartly!

That was the purpose of giving the Scripture. I just keep hearing it preached that only the "pure in heart will see God" and leave it at that and I think it should be made more plainer what the preacher is saying.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Outta' curiosity here, do you mean "the Kingdom of Heaven", "the Kingdom of God", or "My kingdom", among others? :confused:

Ed

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Can you be in the Kingdom of Heaven and not end up in the Kingdom of God or are you already there? Now, "your Kingdom" I haven't seen or heard of it but glad to hear you got one.;) lol

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and this kind of "seeing" or not "seeing" (blindness) is happening in the world right now:

See "See" in the context of this verse :

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

HankD

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I spoke on this for a prayer breakfast this morning and I now give one vote no.

Pure in heart is not a pre-requisite to see God. It is a characteristic of one whose heart has been transformed by the transforming grace of Jesus. Faith is the only pre-requisite of getting to salvation. I place my argument with that of the thief on the cross.

So yes, if your heart has been made pure by Christ then you will see God for sure but there are some whose heart has yet to be transformed who will also see God.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Amen, LeBuick;
    There are two ways of seeing Him and one is as your Holy Father and the other is to see Him as He comes in the cloud of Glory when ever eye shall behold him but only the "Pure in Heart" will see Him as their "Saviour".

7. Jeep Dragon

Jeep Dragon Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm, what about:
    Let us not play word games with the Bible. Jesus' Beattitudes were purely spiritual. How will anyone see God if they aren't even looking for Him? Have the meek "inherited the earth"? Have all the peacemakers been called "the children of God"? You can judge that for yourself, but it may be the way we are interpreting who these people are and what their blessing is. These people know who they are and they know when they have received the blessing. Also, these verses do not all imply the negative. They do not tell us as follows:
    Judge this for yourselves.:1_grouphug:

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Depends on whether you believe Jesus is/was God or not?

I believe the scripture to be true that blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.

But, see God in what sense and does that mean that no one else will see God in "any" sense?

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That's good Brother bob, you took it a step deeper...

So all with see but only the pure in heart will SEE him.

Thus was the problem during his days on the earth, many saw him but few SEE'd him. (ok lang. cops, by the time you get here I maybe transformed so come quickly)