1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Our Military Face Another Litte Big Horn...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Mar 17, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...in Afghanistan?

I am all for Obama ordering all Americans out of that country in a massive, Siagon like exit, before something happens, taking a large number of lives on all sides. After all, we are outnumbered by odds that can't even be numbered. :tonofbricks:

With all the locals up in arms over the burning of the Quran, and now this senseless murder of women and children by a military sniper who should never have been deployed for a fifth time, I fear for the safety of all foreign forces and their volunteers who have been ordered, by the Afghan government, to return and remain on their respective bases. And now the flames of anger have been fanned higher into the air as the US moves the killer out of country and possibly back to the US.

As we circle the wagons, could there be something amiss, placing our military in harm's way? :type:

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I too want to see the troops come home but I'm sure there are several contigencies that are out there that prohibit that. For one having troops close to Iran in case Israel attacks them this year is a good thing in there (Pentagon) eyes. Also a total pull out now would most likely mean a vacuum that would be immediately filled by the Taliban which would possibly mean thousands of deaths. We will never be told the truth anyway.

I feel funny that I'm a conservative wanting the troops to come home and Obama is wanting to stick to a pull out of 2014. hmmmmmmmmm

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like...

...there's hope for us? And no one on the board can say we aren't liberal leaning, at times :laugh:

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The lesson we should have learned decades ago is that military involvement should be the last resort and that American blood comes at a high price. If the situation requires sacrificing of lives, the Constitution says Congress declares war. We should repeal the War Powers Act. When we go in to a nation, it should be overwhelming, swift and a quick exit.

Why do we aimlessly linger in nations for ten years and spend over a trillion dollars at best? Maybe we should every now and then keep our nose out of other people's business. For those who were there, did we learn nothing from Vietnam?

The reason conservatives tend to want to limit involvement in other countries is the same reason they want limited government in our lives.

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO, look for some form of conscription for the upcoming war with Iran.

6. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I listened to a so-called expert on Israel this week and he felt Israel will attack Iran before our election in November because Obama will not side with Israel after he's elected, and he will side with them to get re-elected. Of course everyone always politicizes this stuff.

Sorry if I'm hijacking this post.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be much more humiliating for Obama's failed Afghanistan policies than Saigon ever was. We had no ground troops in Vietnam when Saigon fell...to a foreign invasion.

8. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

(Where was all this outrage when the Taliban were suicide bombing innocent people?)

Afghanistan is called the Graveyard of Empires for a reason. A Colonel I know told me that it would take AT LEAST 40 years to turn Afghanistan around.

Karzai is corrupt. A crime syndicate runs most of that country.

It is not good.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah; as long as Obama is in charge, look for "solutions" such as Clinton ordering an airstrike on Qadaffi (back in '87). They'll utilize unmanned aerial vehicles, long-range air strikes, special forces "advisors" (such as they're doing in Africa), etc. before they send more troops in anywhere.

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To expand: it's not exactly a "crime syndicate." There is no "organization" to it per se. It's the way they do things. It stems from a tribal mentality; and you can see similar mentalities in gang territory mentality here in the U.S.

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed....

:applause::applause::applause: