1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Saddam go Free?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LadyEagle, Sep 30, 2005.

?
  1. YES. The majority of Iraqi people want him back.

5.0%
  2. YES, he has an excellent defense.

80.0%
  3. NO, not a chance.

15.0%
  4. Don't Know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Who else could or should have tried him. His crimes were against his nation for the most part and secondarily his neighbors and then us.

Your, "at least clever" remark shows your disdane for your President. But I know you don't try to hide that.

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I'm not convinced that the war is legal but I am convinced that it was a terrible mistake along with 56% of the American people who say that invading Iraq was the wrong thing to do.

Only 30% think the war has made us safer from terrorism with 23% saying it has made us more vunerable and 43% saying it has had no effect on safety of the U.S. from terrorism.

We were lied to by an administration that had plans to invade Iraq before 9/11, in fact long before. Now the country is bankrupt and everyone in the world (probably including most of the British people) hate us. Terrific. And you still believe that this was and continues to be good policy for our country? On what basis?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/16/opinion/polls/main855969.shtml

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Really? Have we stopped paying our bills and forced our creditors to accept less than we owe them?

Really? Have they stopped wanting to come this land of opportunity and liberty? I don't think all that many people around the world hate America or Americans. I don't get that feeling from most people when I visit other countries.

You bet I do!

The new Iraqi government is taking on a greater share of maintaining its own security every day. The Iraqi people continue to make progress towards liberty and freedom from tyrants and terrorists. It's a very difficult struggle. There's no guarantee of painless success but we had to try and we have to continue trying. The terrorists will continue their desperate acts of terrorism to weaken resolve and create the impression of hopelessness among those who stand against them. We all have to be strong enough to see through their plans and stand firm against them.