1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Tennessee have two favorite sons in 2008?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ktn4eg, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

No, because Al Gore is not from Tennessee :laugh:

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Well, Tom, you're right about Al Gore. He was born and pretty much reared within the confines of Washington DC.

To my knowledge, about the only TN connections Al Gore has are the "family compound" outside of Carthage TN (which, BTW, was renovated using old growth timber [so much for preserving OGT!]) and his more recent purchase of a large house in the well-to-do Belle Meade section of Nashville that runs the highest residential electric bill that Nashville Electric Service sends out--so much for conserving energy!

Here's a thought: Rather than moving the NHL Predators to Canada, why not move Al Gore there instead? Do you think our Canadian neighbors would have him?

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gore is not a favorite son in Tennessee. He couldn't even carry it in the 2000 election. If he had, he would have been President.

5. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I remember stressing that point when I was a volunteer for one of his opponents in a Senate race.

Despite this, Gore still gets my vote.

Regards and GO VOLS,
    BiR (who went down to Williamsburg to support the Vols as they were playing for the national championship in golf)

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Thanks for supporting the GolfVOLS. The Women's softball team is one win away from a national championship. Life is good on the Hill, well, except for the Men's Basbeball program which now needs a new coach.

Speaking of Gore hypocrisies, does the family still run the tobacco farms near Carthage?

When the electric bill became public, Gore petitioned the city and his subdiv I believe for a variance so he could install solar panels. He said in an interview that his power glut is Nashville's fault, and his neighbors' fault. Oh well - he's never going to be able to carry Tennessee, so why not irk the rest of the Volunteer state's electorate?

#6 TomVols, Jun 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  7. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

TomVols,

Not sure if the Gore family still runs those tobacco farms, but let us not forget that it was the same Al Gore who for years after his sister Nancy's death from lung cancer continued to accept checks from his family's tobacco farm and tobacco companies.

Visit www.gargaro.com/algore.html
    Scroll down to the bottom of the first page to view his insightful comment on this (Gore loves tobacco).

Also you can visit www.realchange.org/gore.htm#tobacco

Kinda reminds me of the definition of a real politician:
    Some one who can smile while lying out of both sides of his mouth as he reaches for your billfold.

8. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

You can take the boy out of Knoxville, but you can't take Knoxville out of the boy.......