1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will the debate between Dr. White and Dr. Wilson ever happen?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Michael Hollner, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Michael Hollner

Michael Hollner Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    DebateWW.PNG

I am starting this thread in hopes of obtaining any relevant information that is out there as to the current status of the debate between Dr. James White and Dr. Ken Wilson regarding Ken’s doctoral thesis on ‘The Foundation of Augustinian-Calvinism.’

The latest information I have from an apologetic ministry is that White wants to focus on the gnostic claims to debunk what was and wasn’t brought in by Augustine, and Ken wants to focus on the determinism side. Can anyone verify this?

Now, I have no doubt that this thread will drift off into Calvinism vs non-Calvinism (which is fine), but please make an attempt to provide a relevant status update from what you are hearing out there.

I predict that this will be a similar situation of the debate that never happened between the late Dr. Peter Ruckman and Dr. James White, but I hope I am wrong.

As strong as passions are on both sides, I would think that everyone on this board would like to see this debate? Correct me if I am wrong.

Your input and/or information is appreciated.

All your status inputs and/or information will be posted here at Augustinian-Calvinism Debate! with your sole permission to update our audience.

Blessings……..

#1 Michael Hollner, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  2. Michael Hollner

Faith:
    Baptist
    Debate update as of 07/22/2021.

It appears Dr. White has not yet responded to debating Dr. Wilson even after using the Covid-19 excuse 16 months ago. Dr. White also claimed, quote, “once the other guys put out their stuff, there will be no debate.” He is basically saying that Dr. Wilson will fear debating him ‘once the stuff comes out.’ Could that be Dr. White’s hidden wish, that ‘there will be no debate’?

Well, after 16 months, I guess we are still waiting for the ‘stuff to come out’ as we are sure Dr. White is debate prepping and going through Dr. Wilson’s full doctoral thesis on Augustinian-Calvinism.

As a side note, we have discovered that Dr. White’s interpretation of ‘all men’ in I Timothy 2:4 differs from that of Charles Spurgeon, and that many Calvinists are unaware of this disagreement.

“Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth” (I Tim 2:4) KJV.

What says the Calvinist? Who do you side with on I Tim 2:4? I will have to side with Spurgeon on this one.

Compare for yourself below.

Spurgeon….. Charles H. Spurgeon on 1 Timothy 2:4

White......

Stay tuned for updates at Augustinian-Calvinism Debate!

#2 Michael Hollner, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. Michael Hollner

Faith:
    Baptist
    otherjc.PNG July 30th, 2021, update!

I am still waiting to hear back from Leighton Flowers on the Dr. Wilson debate with Dr. White. Should be hearing from him soon.

It seems of late, between Dr. Wilson’s doctoral thesis on “The Foundation of Augustinian-Calvinism,” Dr. Vance’s “The other side of Calvinism,” and Bryson’s “The Dark Side of Calvinism” that the determinists are scrambling on how to respond to these historical facts. Perhaps that’s why Dr. White still has not responded to Dr. Wilson for a formal debate 17 months after he offered it.

I can personally testify that after having read all three of these works, it throws a devastating blow to the determinist Gnostic-Manichaean-Augustinian philosophy (Col 2:8) KJV.

I have a few friends that are 3 or 4 point Calvinists, but after reading and hearing this information, they are now seriously reconsidering their system of theology.
    Stay updated on this great debate at Augustinian-Calvinism Debate!

#3 Michael Hollner, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  4. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I seriously seriously seriously doubt it

almost laughable

anyone see what I did there?

5. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What new or should I say old heresy will he be bringing up?

man I to understand that in 2000 yrs of Christian history that no one has come up with the arguments that this dude has that denies Sola Scriptura, and the Doctrines of Grace?

really?